🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rusted thru 55 gallon drum with a bio hazard sign painted on it. :BangHead:

Toxi ! (melvin) is that you ?

images.jpg

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I was working the beach 10 years ago. I get a solid hit my IDX and and started digging, and digging, and digging. On the beach I usually didn't use a pin pointer, yet I do now. I've got my coil in a hole that's got to be 2ft wide by 2ft deep and its still reading solid and high. A couple of curious kids as well as some adults had gathered once was standing in it and the kids were more than happy to take over the digging ............. they can come in handy.

My mind began wandering ..........jars of morgans? Cluster of 300 reales all stuck together? Maybe a pirate cannon?

Finally 4 feet down.....a 14" wheel off of a Toyota

It wouldn't have fit in my pouch, so left it there and filled the hole.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest and heaviest thing I ever found was a discarded Bank vault door behind the bank! After inquiring about it, I was told it was mine to haul away!
I never did go back and get it!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
manhole cover at a WW2 airbase :happysmiley:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Max; This is Barker. You'd fall over if I said what it was. Let me just say "they" came directly from the Spanish Inquisition. Also a Silver Hammered penny from King Richard 3rd; Richard the Lion Hearted. !!! That's only for openers ok. We'll talk ok. PEACE:RONB

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was about 10 years old I bought a Jetco metal detector and with it I found 2 old paint cans about 12 inches down in my parents front yard.My dad was real sore at me but was more impress that I was able to dig a hole in our Texas soil.The hole was about 3 feet wide and 12 inches down(I brought out my school ruler to measure it).

Ammietuar

Sep 18, 2005
Suffolk UK
Detector(s) used
MXT/PI Pro/Garrett GS
I found a car door under about 3 1/2 - 4 feet of mine tailings, a wagon wheel rim, and a 2 foot monkey wrench, each separated by a few years.

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting an area near Pioneer Town in the San Bernardino National Forest and found a axle from an 1876 mining cart of some kind half mile later I actually found a stamp mill. I have checked with the forest service and county libraries and they have no record of a stamp mill ever being erected anywhere near where I found this one. As far as I know only 2 other people even know it exists.

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not, a 100% complete Schwinn Orange Crate bicycle (about 20 years ago). Still have no idea how it got buried. You couldn't see it, but you sure could hear it with the detector. My ex-brother in law and I found it in a school yard in Lombard, IL. Tires, seat, etc. was deteriorated but for the most part it was complete. He took it as he had a garage to put it in, I didn't.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent an hour up a ladder I carried 2miles through the woods..... To check out a reading high on a chimney of a 1700s home. The second floor had caved in.... Looked like something was in the second floor boards... Long story short... A #%€¥ tin pie pan!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. An automobile. Whole thing. Had been dozed over years before apparently to make part of a berm for a pond. Think it was a Chevy. It unfortunately was not still running so I left it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread