Is there any way to treasure hunt without a metal detector and how?

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys! 8-) And also, which locations(rivers etc.) do you hunt near?

If you're talking about raw gold, yes. But you have to be in a known gold-producing area, or be really lucky. Go to the gold prospecting forums to learn how.

Coins, jewelry, caches, etc., no. Unless, again, you do a ton of research and get really lucky.

Or you could "invest" in a Long Range Locator or dowsing rod. I personally believe they are expensive scams designed to find the money in your wallet. A coat hanger or OuiJa board works just as well. You can buy a good metal detector for not much over a couple hundred dollars that will find gobs of coins, jewelry, gold, etc., as well as gobs of trash, and you can have faith in the knowledge that it is based on sound electronic principles, and are not a scam.

OP
OP
nachos10

nachos10

Greenie
Mar 3, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're talking about raw gold, yes. But you have to be in a known gold-producing area, or be really lucky. Go to the gold prospecting forums to learn how.

Coins, jewelry, caches, etc., no. Unless, again, you do a ton of research and get really lucky.

Or you could "invest" in a Long Range Locator or dowsing rod. I personally believe they are expensive scams designed to find the money in your wallet. A coat hanger or OuiJa board works just as well. You can buy a good metal detector for not much over a couple hundred dollars that will find gobs of coins, jewelry, gold, etc., as well as gobs of trash, and you can have faith in the knowledge that it is based on sound electronic principles, and are not a scam.
Is Texas one? Any ways, thanks!

leafsforever3

Jan 3, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen people using powerful magnets on the end of strong rope or line "magnet fishing" off of wharfs etc.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is Texas one? Any ways, thanks!

I've never been to Taxas, so I have no idea what the prospecting possibilities are there. Go check out the prospecting forums. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people there who will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found a gold ear ring on the ground when I got out of my car... just keep your eyes open when you are out in the world and get "lucky" by observing everything.

;0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Beachcombing after large storms can turn up some interesting stuff.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Was the Saddle Ridge Horde found with a metal detector?

Pay attention to your surroundings...not just when you're hunting, but always.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the Saddle Ridge Horde found with a metal detector?

Pay attention to your surroundings...not just when you're hunting, but always.
The first part was an eyeball find and then they used a detector to find the rest.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can treasure hunt from your home just by going on Ebay or other auction sites,
Craig's list, etc.

you can treasure hunt by doing the right research then using your Eyeballs.

You can dig a Privy & treasurehunt

You can walk parking lots, The perimeters of carnival , Fair, outdoor flea markets,
Drive in Theaters, etc.

You can take a walk in the woods & keep your eyes open,

Buy a dive suit & Eyeball the lake or ocean floor.

you can shop Yard Sales, & Flea Markets

you can Coin roll hunt, or just watch your pocket change

the list goes on & on.

metal detectors are only a tiny part of Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already found treasure!.....This site! :laughing7:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottle hunting. Find a tale-tell sign of a dump and dig through the layers to the oldest stuff.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to snorkel at the beach and lakes we went to swim. Swam around looking at the lake or ocean bottom and came up with cash quite a few times. Also I would fan the sandy bottom at the lake and find coins.
Like they said where ever you are pay attention, there are things to be found!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember a guy who made a four sided box with both ends open out of plywood. He put old lawn mower wheels on the front and screen wire across the back leaving the front end open. He attached a homemade scoop on the bottom front edge. He would then pull the thing along the beach by a connected rope and the top few inches of sand would be forced up the scoop and into the box. If conditions were ideal the sand would be filtered out the rear screen leaving the finds inside as he went along. If the sand was wet or packed he would stop when the box filled up and turn the open end up and shake the sand out through the screen to find the remaining items.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember a guy who made a four sided box with both ends open out of plywood. He put old lawn mower wheels on the front and screen wire across the back leaving the front end open. He attached a homemade scoop on the bottom front edge. He would then pull the thing along the beach by a connected rope and the top few inches of sand would be forced up the scoop and into the box. If conditions were ideal the sand would be filtered out the rear screen leaving the finds inside as he went along. If the sand was wet or packed he would stop when the box filled up and turn the open end up and shake the sand out through the screen to find the remaining items.

We did this after holidays and at the end of swimming season at the local state park beach.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find most anything by seeing it. But without using a detector, you could walk past something that is just under the surface out of sight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread