Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,t think will hurt your detector...I been out last 2 days -19 and -10 celsius and been at it all winter....only thing I can see that is affected is that the hot rocks seem worse on the coldest days.

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I complain when it gets down into the 30's here. Geeez!! It has been a long crazy winter. Better days are ahead though...mosquitos and sweat are just around the corner. HH!

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don,t think will hurt your detector...I been out last 2 days -19 and -10 celsius and been at it all winter....only thing I can see that is affected is that the hot rocks seem worse on the coldest days.
Don't you have any snow? If you tried that here you would have to have your coil about 4 or 5 feet off the ground!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt even if the sand is visible that you could chisel through it. I was at Grand Traverse Bay two weeks ago and there are 3-4 feet of snow on the beach. Downstate I still have 2+ feet of snow in my yard.

Might be above freezing tomorrow, that's a start.

HH,

Pete

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beaches on the East side of the state....................like concrete!!, under the snow

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you have any snow? If you tried that here you would have to have your coil about 4 or 5 feet off the ground!

Hunting the saltwater shores below high water on the low tides.... snow everyhere here on land..cold azz winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions