Dig-N-VA

Jan 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250/DD PROformance 8.5 x 11 coil

Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, everyone

Recently i got the ACE 250, then i purchased the Garrett DD PROformance 8.5 x 11 DD coil.

Now, when i connected the DD coil to the ACE 250 i took it outside and it was crazy erratic..it even chirped and chattered when pointed towards the sky

So, i took the coil off and turned the ACE 250 on again...now here's where it gets stranger..it still made chattering, chirping, beeping sounds and the LED display went every which way

Can someone here tell me if this is normal?

Thanks,

Dig-N-VA

Upvote 0

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the sensitivity cranked to max? That happened to me once in woodchips and the signal was everywhere until I turned it down.

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig-N-VA,

I had the same "problem" when I first used the 5x8 DD. I had to turn down the sensitivity two more notches than normal. It all worked out great, It found silver and gold on it's maiden voyage. Good luck/

Mike

OP
OP
D

Dig-N-VA

Jan 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250/DD PROformance 8.5 x 11 coil

Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even think to try the Sensitivity :-\

Adam from Garrett said he is going to send out another 8.5 x 11 DD PROformance coil on monday. He thinks it to be a faulty Coil.

Thanks for the Replies, i certainly appreciate it :)

Dig-N-VA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread