Awesome First Time Find!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
My complex has been expanding so the bulldozers have just leveled 2 acres of woods to flat dirt. Now as a homeowner, I figured that there's no way to be a trespasser, so I invited my neighbor to try metal detecting with me. I grabbed the MXT Pro and handed him my M6. on our way to detect this virgin territory, I gave him a run down in the basics and told him to call me if I'd beeped. Due to the fact that this was uninhabitable woods, I set both machines wide open - all metal and max sensitivity.

About ten minutes later I hear him calling me and saying the machine was going crazy. I run over and he wasn't lying ..... We had something! After digging about 2 feet down we recovered that appeared to be some sort of cast iron coffee pot. It had seen better days and was filled with dirt and other debris. We figured it would be better to fully investigate it back at my garage under some light.

When we got back to my place, we emptied the contents on to a sheet. It appeared that whatever was in there had been destroyed except for the remains of these 7 Confederate notes. It appears that there were numerous other documents etc in there, but they were just shreds by now. I showed these to a local numismatist and due to their condition they may be worth less than the pot LOL, still an awesome first find for someone who is now as hooked as I am !

image-3836248014.jpg

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find to bad the condition is so bad, still would be awesome to frame and display.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool man! Cripes if those digger boys found those they would be running around biting people or something!:thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I think a second search is in order!

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
We will be there tomorrow at sunrise - workers return Monday AM. I'm sure that its crossed your minds too, but I'm thinking, the blue chip of metal detecting, GOLD COINS !!!!!! Who knows, but that's what it's all about.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check over that area really well and check the hole that pot came out of too. That is a REALLY AWESOME FIND!!! Even though they are not worth much, if you keep it with the pot and the story it will be worth something!!!

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I bet your friend doesn't get much sleep tonight, at least you know somebody stayed right there on that site, don't think they would have forgotten to pick up their coffee pot when they left, your sight has a story to tell, good luck!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be there tomorrow at sunrise - workers return Monday AM. I'm sure that its crossed your minds too, but I'm thinking, the blue chip of metal detecting, GOLD COINS !!!!!! Who knows, but that's what it's all about.
If you find a few buckets full just don't tell anyone the Govt. will say they are theirs stolen from the mint.LOL:laughing7:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool man! Cripes if those digger boys found those they would be running around biting people or something!:thumbsup:

Funny and true!

Cool find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions