Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello to all! My name is Michael, I live in Ohio and am new to this site. I have purchased a teknetics gamma 6000 this winter and, due to the weather here, have not had many opportunities to use it. I did get out today with my son and we found some clad coins, square nails, and misc. trash. Still a fun day though! I have a 5" dd coil and hunted with that today. Really like the small coil. Anyhoo, any tips anyone could give me on the gamma would be much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi mike! Welcome, I have the gamma 6000 and about all I can tell you is use it, use it, use it! The more hours you get in on it, the more your going to love it. I run mine almost always in All Metal Mode, with sensitivity at 90-95 unless I'm in a bad place that's got some interference then I'll bump it back to 80. Don't know what you like to hunt for. I'm mostly a coin shooter, jewelry kind of hunter. If your using discrimination mode, keep your desc down. I never raise it over 20-24 and like I said I run my sens as high as I can without a lot of chirping. I'll even run with some chirping. But that's just me, it tends to give you more depth that way. It took me about 40 hours of use before I felt I knew what I was doing, then another 40 hours to make myself believe I knew what I was doing lol just enjoy using it, it's really an under rated machine. I'm very happy with mine. Again, just get as many hours behind the machine and you'll really fall in love with it. Good luck, and HH Bill

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill, thanks for your reply to my post! I really like my gamma so far. With the weather getting better here I hope to put alot of hours on it! Thanks again!

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy my friend. When you get time YouTube search for teknetics Omega (there's just not a lot of videos from gamma owners) the omega is one step above our grammas and watch all those videos. They will also help you get ready for the hunts. Watch for what settings they have, how slow and steady they swing, anything you can think of, just use those videos as lessons. I learned a lot from YouTube. HH Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread