Best Batteries For The Ace 250?

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I was wondering what would be the best? Standard batteries such as Energizer , or would I benefit from using rechargeable batteries? Also from my experience with my digital cameras, I found that I must use the AA Lithium batteries, because the standard type wont last no time. The Lithium batteries seem to last much much longer, would this also be the case if used in the Ace. I don't want to go broke buying batteries all the time, but at the same time I also do not want to spend my time changing batteries out or hunting with a batteries that are almost dead.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use any of the name brand alkaline batteries that may be on sale at the time and never have had a moments trouble with any of them. The Rayovacs are usually less expensive but the Energizers seem to last a bit longer. I haven't been able to get very good service out of any of the rechargeables. Monty

W

Wally

Panasonic makes a rechargeable alkaline battery. i own a whites eagle that uses 4 "c" batteries and that big old detector can suck the life out batteries and i get a good 6 hours before i replace them. i picked up the batteries on Ebay for $10 for 4 well worth it. the 250 uses AA batteries and 1/4 the power so those should last long time.

W

Wally

OOPS Sorry i said they were panasonic they are Rayovac i'm sorry for the mistake

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've talked to some manufactures about the Lithium batteries and they say not to use them. I use Kirkland alkaline batteries from Costco. I don't know who makes them for them.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my ace I use the cheapest alkaline I can find...seems to work fine but as you know..once it gets to half scale..change them.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a NiMH pack for my Musky and a seperate battery tray for AAs. I keep the NiMH topped off with either a wall charger or a 12v cigarette lighter (now "Power Distribution Point") recharger from the car. I keep the AA's (alkalines) in the blister pack until I need them. Once I open a pack I'll either use them up or delegate them to my Maglite pile for flashlight use around the car & house. I have never zeroed out the NiMH in a day of detecting and it will go a full day with a couple munch breaks. Probably in a 10 hour day my detector is only on six or seven hours with the rest being poking around rock piles/walls/outcropings for fossils and time outs for strategy sessions.

Headphones will extend the battery life to more than twice what you get on speaker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions