What are your top 3 MD dream locales barring proximity legality or remoteness?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
1) Ive always thought it would be amazing to detect the parks of the East Village in Manhattan, Its one of the first areas to be settled by Europeans in the United States and continuously occupied by a huge ever shifting mass of humanity. I don't know how practical it would be to even try.

2) The Texas barrier Island of North Padre........ been to South Padre many times, found great stuff, (not a lot) . MD's are tolerated there. The area north is a huge state park that comprises the United States's absolute last frontier of unmolested remote coastline. There is a tremendous amount of history associated with this region of which the vast majority is unpublished. The ranger service that patrols North Padre is isolated and militant...... Ill tell you my third if someone asks me........ What are yours.?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
The White House Lawn would be my number one. Oak Island would be number two. And number three would be North Padre Island as well.

I never understood the proliferation of treasure tails associated with Oak Island. This place has been publicized far more then any other I know of.
Generations of stories pertaining to unfruitful searches yet the legend persists.

At the level of the general public, nothing is ever as it is publicized.

We will never know the stories of the discovery or final disposition pertaining to the vast majority of treasure found.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1: William Faulkner's birth house. I live just a few miles from it.

#2: Any house built before 1880.

#3: Colonial cellar or foundation.

I'm a simple person...

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
#1: William Faulkner's birth house. I live just a few miles from it. #2: Any house built before 1880. #3: Colonial cellar or foundation. I'm a simple person...
What? No Playboy Mansion? I used to think that anything built before 1880 surely would be declared historic, or built over by now. But I've learned this is not the case. Galveston Texas is full of crumbling one hundred year old victorians and many more servants quarters type buildings..... They are everywhere, It was the New York of the South, but in the 50's and 60's once the Port of Houston and other Ports fully prospered, most all its residents moved. It is a strange place in that it feels that what ever happened there, happened already. Nevertheless it is Houston's (3rd most populated US city) beach and in the summer it is very polar. The Island has converted to a tourism fed economy, It has experienced a renasance of sorts, but not really. Some properties are very expensive, some not so much. There would be no problem detecting dozens of old estates there. They are everywhere and the owners are nowhere in sight.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1) Leyden St, in Plymouth MA
2) Bottom of Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga TN
3) The 35 acres my Father-in-law just bought in Western Maryland...

(cant wait to hit that this summer!)

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1) Leyden St, in Plymouth MA 2) Bottom of Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga TN 3) The 35 acres my Father-in-law just bought in Western Maryland... (cant wait to hit that this summer!)
Anything particularly special about Leyden St?

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man o man have I just found a new one!........ Don't even ask...

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "clubhouse" in the area my family is from.
Stories be told my late grandfather used to skip school and go there as a boy and "gamble" with the old men of the time playing horseshoes and other outdoor games. Many reunions and events have been held there for generations.
Sadly I now live 8hrs away...someday.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Plymouth Plantation

2. Boston Commons

3. Site of the battle of Lexington and Concord

tiburciovasquez

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.An old Russian village, field, or battle site

2. An old Hindu temple in India

3. Old 1500's Spanish colonial ruins

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just spent most of July and August hunting my absolute personal best.... Most of the streets have been modernized widened and repaved. There still is one unfinished stretch left, but I just can't imagine matching the success I had in the first two weeks.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me:
1. The Somme

2. Monmouth Battlefield..Looks like people beat me to it.

3. Fort Nonsense/Jockey Hollow/Wick Farm/Ford Mansion. .all linked

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottom of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga.
Bottom of the Grand Canyon, where there is a viewpoint where people try to toss change onto a outcrop rock.
All of Central Park in New York....

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga.
Bottom of the Grand Canyon, where there is a viewpoint where people try to toss change onto a outcrop rock.
All of Central Park in New York....
I couldn't imagine the amount of pull tabs and bottle caps That one can dig out of central park

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Buckingham Palace

2.The Alamo

3. Nugget hunt the Australian Outback

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Fort Knox

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cape Canaveral.

(If you want to know why, read West Of The Bull).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread