spots to hunt in saratoga springs ny

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPRO ~ Teknetics G2
Hello there friends. My name is steve. Picked up a atpro and a bh505. I can't wait for the snow to melt and the ground to thaw and when it does I will be looking for good company and hunting locations.. you can use my spare detector if you don't have one so hit me back if you have a local spot in mind. I'm located in saratoga springs and plan to swing up north toward lake George also.. hh

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dirtfish.magoo

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
Yearly update. I sold the BH505, IMHO that detector was garbage. I still have the ATPRO and love it, It pulled it's price tag in clad from one park in less than 6 months. I joined theringfinders.com and through them I answered the call for 3 ring jobs. 2 jobs were water recoverys. One was a garden recovery, Each recovery averaged a $300 reward. I was on the front page of the newspaper for one of the water recoveries.

OP
OP
dirtfish.magoo

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
I just found a Teknetics G2 for a great deal to replace the BH505. What started as a Hobby soon became a passion, can't wait for the ground to thaw

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!

With your average low for the next several days at zero and two storms on the way, waiting for the snow to thaw may take some time. Anyway, your town is loaded with history and during these storms you may wish to contact your local historian and asked where did people gather back in the day that, today, is vacant land.
Don.......

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Steve, I live in greenwich, very close saratoga. I don't have any permissions out your way or up in the lake george area but i do have many out my way and into vermont. I'm about to purchase a new machine but i am waiting to see a few reviews on this new Makro Racer. If i'm not impressed it'll be a new AT Pro or gold. It's going to be April( I think) before we see a thaw from this crazy winter but we should hook up sometime and do some detecting. Let me know what you think. I have a couple great permissions.

Rod

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites Spectrum XLT, Pro Pointer
Steve and Rod, I live in Glenville, NY so i am right down the road from saratoga. Just recently received my whites V3i and i am looking forward to using it this spring. i have some leads on some very interesting spots some require a drive some are local. i will be attending the empire state metal detecting association meeting at the latham fire house on the 23rd. it will be my first meeting I'm attending so I'm looking forward to meeting local detectorists from there. if either of you would like to find some local treasure feel free to message me and we will set up a time and date weather permitting. I also have a whites xlt for use if you require

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice...what tnet is all about..:occasion14:

OP
OP
dirtfish.magoo

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
That would be great, I can travel. If you do decide on the Garrett I can show you a few tricks I learned so far. My wife loves to detect also so hopefully she can tag along.

BennyD.42

Greenie
Jul 27, 2014
Upstate new york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...hey great stuff here!!!...I have property in greenwich as well???with a graveyard on it!!! An old well in the woods,and in the front yard...my detectors broke,or I'd be hunting in the spring....Alexander McNautin was the owner first,in 1780!!!!...lots of stone walls,and some huge trees there!!!...Rodarian,and dirtfish....we should talk... Ben...

AceofBases

Jan 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6, Manticore, Equinox 800, Pro Find 35, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know this is an old thread but I’m in Saratoga county as well. Have many permissions (lots of cellar holes, too). Would love to meet and detect with you all. Always looking for new friends in the hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread