Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the ground thaws soon and I can actually get some field testing done.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good review. I like how you mapped out the magnetic fields.. that's interesting. I would like to hear how the extra few inches of detection from the White's plays out in the field. I'm a noob but it would seem from my little experience, having such a large field would be a little confusing. I know the audio and vibration are proportional but.. Anyways interested to hear your field tests. Thanks for the good review!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a noob but it would seem from my little experience, having such a large field would be a little confusing.

Agreed, I find myself detuning the GPP more often than wishing it had more power.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, I find myself detuning the GPP more often than wishing it had more power.

I thought the same until I actually used the TRX until the first time I pin pointed the target 4" down before I started digging. You just tap the button and it will ratchet the power down to a 1/4" sensitivity. It's a pretty cool feature.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

Not me. In my case, I carry two PPRs right now, the Garrett and the Pistol. I FAR more find myself pulling the Pistol pre-dig and/or after I get in a hole and find the ProPointer still doesn't see anything.

I totally welcome more power in the trx. I'd rather have the horsepower than not, since it can be throttled down.

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me. In my case, I carry two PPRs right now, the Garrett and the Pistol. I FAR more find myself pulling the Pistol pre-dig and/or after I get in a hole and find the ProPointer still doesn't see anything.

I totally welcome more power in the trx. I'd rather have the horsepower than not, since it can be throttled down.

I've used the TRX in 4-5 test digs in my yard, which is a fairly trashy, and I find myself constantly ratcheting the sensitivity. The larger range seems to be making the recovery take longer than when I use my Garrett PP. I'll have a better idea once I take it on a full hunt.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the TRX in 4-5 test digs in my yard, which is a fairly trashy, and I find myself constantly ratcheting the sensitivity. The larger range seems to be making the recovery take longer than when I use my Garrett PP. I'll have a better idea once I take it on a full hunt.

So set the starting sensitivity to 2 rather than the default of 3..

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So set the starting sensitivity to 2 rather than the default of 3..

Just... wow. I had no idea that you could adjust the starting sensitivity, so thanks for that info! That will make things much easier! It took a few tries to get into that setting, but it worked like a charm!

For those wanting to know how:

1. Turn the TRX on
2. Press and hold power until 2 sets of beeps sound
3. Release power
4. Immediately press and hold power again
5. There will be a progression of beeps, 1 then 2 then 3 etc
6. Release power when desired sensitivity is reached, 1 being the lowest

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the extra power and have mine setup at 4.. Almost has the range of my pistolprobe, but with the ratchet action of the TRX, what a great feature it is !!

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More real world testing of the TRX today, and with my adjustment of the starting sensitivity, it is much easier to pinpoint. I am officially happy to have the TRX as my primary now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread