Vulcan PinPointer Review

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the Kellyco Vulcan PP, since it was on sale, and I've had issue with my Garrett PP falsing. I've used it about 3 - 4 times now

The reviews I saw on Youtube showed it having greater depth than the GPP. I haven't seen that in the field, it seems about equal to the GPP on depth. I'm running the Vulcan at the top strength setting of 5.

The Vulcan doesn't false like the GPP did (When I pushed on the battery end of the GPP), but it has another disadvantage. The Vulcan takes about 4 seconds to turn on, after you push the "On" button. Kind of a pain when you are ready to see what's the target is! I have to remember to turn it on as soon as I kneel down to open the hole. The instant on is much better on the GPP.

So, advantages and disadvantages, but overall is a descent option, and comparable to the GPP.

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did it cost on sale?

OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$120

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What depth you getting? I get about 3" on 5 setting........ It has a 3 sec startup test then beeps the current level setting, one beep for each level...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What depth you getting? I get about 3" on 5 setting........ It has a 3 sec startup test then beeps the current level setting, one beep for each level...

I am getting about 2 - 3 inches. That 3 second startup seems like forever when I am ready to see what the target is! Does it bother you?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am getting about 2 - 3 inches. That 3 second startup seems like forever when I am ready to see what the target is! Does it bother you?

Sounds like about same depth. The delay doesnt really bother me at all....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

tannerhatley

May 20, 2013
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine

Funny I just got mine in, installed the batteries and turned her on for a bit. Turned it off and set it down to look at the other things. Now I can't get it to turn back on. I changed the battery, turned it on for a few minutes around the house, turned it off and same sympotms. I've contacted KellyCo since last night but haven't heard anything yet. I hope they send a replacement without any issue..

:sadsanta::sadsanta::sadsanta::sadsanta:
I bought the Kellyco Vulcan PP, since it was on sale, and I've had issue with my Garrett PP falsing. I've used it about 3 - 4 times now

The reviews I saw on Youtube showed it having greater depth than the GPP. I haven't seen that in the field, it seems about equal to the GPP on depth. I'm running the Vulcan at the top strength setting of 5.

The Vulcan doesn't false like the GPP did (When I pushed on the battery end of the GPP), but it has another disadvantage. The Vulcan takes about 4 seconds to turn on, after you push the "On" button. Kind of a pain when you are ready to see what's the target is! I have to remember to turn it on as soon as I kneel down to open the hole. The instant on is much better on the GPP.

So, advantages and disadvantages, but overall is a descent option, and comparable to the GPP.

Green Mtn'eer

Greenie
Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I just got mine in, installed the batteries and turned her on for a bit. Turned it off and set it down to look at the other things. Now I can't get it to turn back on. I changed the battery, turned it on for a few minutes around the house, turned it off and same sympotms. I've contacted KellyCo since last night but haven't heard anything yet. I hope they send a replacement without any issue..

:sadsanta::sadsanta::sadsanta::sadsanta:

How did this play out as far as replacement/KellyCo? and did you ever find out what the issue was? Debating a 360 purchase (vs the ML) so I'm pretty interested in how you made out. Thx

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did this play out as far as replacement/KellyCo? and did you ever find out what the issue was? Debating a 360 purchase (vs the ML) so I'm pretty interested in how you made out. Thx

Take a close look at the Whites TRX. More features, more sensitivity and made in the USA!

markbxr400

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2014
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to MD'ing, but received a Vulcan 360 with my AT Pro package, and a Fisher/BH pinpointer with my F2 package. Haven't tried a Garrett PP or Whites TRX, but am impressed thus far with the Vulcan. The startup delay is a small nuisance, but this thing really saves me a lot of digging. I've thought about getting a TRX, but for now the Vulcan does what I need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions