koss headphones

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
my 8 year old k/w pro's for my xlt broke.I thought they would break a long time ago
but held up to alot of rugged use.they still work electronicaly but physically broke.
I am going to epoxy them for backup.never filled any warranty papers on them(do not remeber if it came with it and did not know of there guarrantee at the time).I wonder if koss will honor any warranty?nice sounding phones.I just ordered ratphones from detectusa
with limiter and toggle installed for a good price with shipping on website.

the koss were good phones,will either epoxy or check for warranty(not sure yet).

will tell you how ratphones turn out.
any opinions on two phones appreciated

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
koss setting up with epoxy

ratphones should be here by fri sat

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

epoxyed koss,did both ends to kill the two birds one stone thing.this will be fully functional
backup.a touch up of a black sharpie will get rid of "there's something about mary" look.

it was 60 degree weather when I ordered the ratphones,but picked them up 3 days later at the post office during a lil noreaster.they have a quality build,very comfortable.I like the
plastic mesh inside cups instead of thin foam.the optionable limiter and on/off switch
works great with my xlt.they sound great,really brings out the whispers,better then the
koss.I air tested a quarter,but the real test is in the ground wich is snow covered right
now.

I used devcon plastic welder epoxy on the koss.I clean and rough up area,and went generous for added support.

Attachments

• DSC00393.JPG
    DSC00393.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC00395.JPG
    DSC00395.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC00396.JPG
    DSC00396.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00397.JPG
    DSC00397.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00398.JPG
    DSC00398.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC00399.JPG
    DSC00399.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00400.JPG
    DSC00400.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 311
  • sr_rob1.jpg
    sr_rob1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 323

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
Koss has a lifetime warranty. I have shipped mine back twice in 10 years to the company. Once they just sent me a whole new pair because my model had been replaced in their product line.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I decided to keep the fixed koss as a backup.the ratphones work really good but in hot
weather they may take a back seat.they cup real good and with the thick padding they
will make me sweat like a cuffed felon.I am going to fool around with a cheap pair of phones drilling vent holes for hot days.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I have the Ratphones for my MXT. The cups are made to seal out noise. I have guys talking to me and I don't hear them while they can hear me through their phones. I like the Rats. The limiter is a must with my MXT. Rick worked with me to get the limiter at the level I wanted. Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread