TDI Pro at Pawn shop

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked by a pawn shop yesturday, they usually have some well ridden Medal Detectors hanging on the wall. This time I saw an excellent condition White's TDI Pro hanging there with a price tag of around $875.

From what I can tell, that's a deal and a half. Though I'm not in the market for new detector, I noticed this machine is almost half the retail price and just a tad bit more than I paid for my MXT pro last year.

Anyone have an opinion on this deal? I wish I had a grand burning a whole in my pocket right now.

HH
MariposaGold.

Upvote 0

ExpressJetter

Greenie
Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look at the serial number and see if it's still in warranty. If it is I'd say it's a no brainer if you want that detector. If it's not your rolling the dice on if it works properly or not.

Just my opinion....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that's a little high. A new TDI SL lists for $1300 and can be had for a couple hundred less. I guess it would be ok for nugget hunting but keep in mind that it's a PI machine with no display/depth reading or pin point mode. Personally, I'd rather hunt with a Gold Bug and save up for a GPX5000.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that's a little high. A new TDI SL lists for $1300 and can be had for a couple hundred less. I guess it would be ok for nugget hunting but keep in mind that it's a PI machine with no display/depth reading or pin point mode. Personally, I'd rather hunt with a Gold Bug and save up for a GPX5000.

+1. The Gold Bug (G2) is a very nice handling machine.

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked by a pawn shop yesturday, they usually have some well ridden Medal Detectors hanging on the wall. This time I saw an excellent condition White's TDI Pro hanging there with a price tag of around $875.
MariposaGold.
Check the serial number, if it has a warranty great! This machine is now a collector's item as Whites has discontinued its' production. Open up the machine and make sure it still it has its' lithium battery pack. The battery packs are expensive to replace. This machine is a killer at the beach (wet or dry). With the right expertise and experience, this machine is a killer in the mountains and desert. Grab a couple hundreds and haggle the price with bills in hand. The pawn shop will usually know nothing about the machines. They just want to move their inventory. Stay firm, you could end up with a killer machine at an awesome discount (remember a new TDI Pro listed at $1,800). Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread