Fisher Gold Bug 2

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering is the Fisher Gold Bug 2 worth the buy? I've read up on the machine and it seems to be a powerful machine running at 71khz I think. I might be wrong. How many of you guys run this machine? I know, you pay for what ya get. I have a detector that is made specifically for finding gold nuggets but it's not that great. I think the GB2 Will do better then the one I have now. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gold007 , these are a very good VLF machine , especially on small sub gram nuggets , these can also pick up gold seams in shallow reefs , a friend of mine has one and swears by it . I myself have not used this machine but I'm sure others on this forum who have can add their experience , good luck ..cheers Mick

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great machine. Before you buy, you may also want to check out the Gold Bug Pro.

OP
OP
Gold007

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine. Before you buy, you may also want to check out the Gold Bug Pro.

I'll have to check that one out too! Of course always compare other detectors for the best buy :-)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For nuggets, I think it's the best in it's price range and a bit higher.

OP
OP
Gold007

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For nuggets, I think it's the best in it's price range and a bit higher.

The GB2 goes for like 774 bucks on Amazon. But if I'm serious about finding nuggets that is a good buy. The at gold is good at finding gold too but I want a detector that is made specifically for nugget hunting. Also the at gold does not run no where near 71khz.

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering is the Fisher Gold Bug 2 worth the buy? I've read up on the machine and it seems to be a powerful machine running at 71khz I think. I might be wrong. How many of you guys run this machine? I know, you pay for what ya get. I have a detector that is made specifically for finding gold nuggets but it's not that great. I think the GB2 Will do better then the one I have now. Thanks!
A metal detector is only as good as the person using it (practice practice and more practice) will make you better I've used a org.gold bug and you dig a lot of trash cuz there is no discriminating button

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread