E Trac, or AT Pro for Saltwater Beach Vacation?

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the White's MX5, I have not used it in wet salt sand yet but they say it works great.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the White's MX5, I have not used it in wet salt sand yet but they say it works great.

I think his point was that he already has the etrac and AT pro and wasn't sure which to take along. I doubt he's looking to buy a new detector for the trip.

OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think his point was that he already has the etrac and AT pro and wasn't sure which to take along. I doubt he's looking to buy a new detector for the trip.[/QUOTE

That is correct. Not looking to buy another detector.

Thanks

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That said, I've never used either of them yet so I can't help with the original question :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-trac without a doubt. Now if you are going into more than knee deep water, you'll need the AT Pro or something else that is completely waterproof. Why not take them both and experiment?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etrac will way outperform AT Pro in the WET salt sand. But if you go even into shallow water you have to be careful not to tip up the coil or salt water will run up the shaft where you don't want it. Also if you go into the water you will need to rinse out the shafts well in fresh water. Multi frequency machines rule the wet salt sand and water for discriminating machines. Only the PIs do better in wet salt sand or water and they don't discriminate well. AT Pro will do well in the dry sand, but since you have both just take the Etrac.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Etrac will go deeper and adjust better to the mineralization - just don't trip! I've used my AT Pro in Florida before, it worked well. I just had to ground balance when changing conditions (dry, wet). But the E-trac will surpass it.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Headed to Ft Myers Beach next week for vacation. :hello2: Trying to decide which detector to take with me, the etrac, or the AT Pro. My first thought was the AT Pro since it is waterproof, but I've heard they don't do well with Salt/Saltwater. Any guidance? Thanks!

Ft Myers?
I think the best sex I've ever had would not have occurred without my AT Pro.
If you are going to metal detect while on your vacation, bring the ETrac

Last edited:
OP
OP
BryanM362

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ft Myers?

Kind of contradictory statements there el! Good sex because of the At Pro but take the e trac? ; )

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft Myers?

Sooooo... What exactly are you doing with the AT Pro? Sounds like you should watch some YouTube videos on how to swing it correctly!!! LOL

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft Myers?
So, what you're saying is, the AT Pro was good for you but, since the E-trac goes deeper, it's better for her? :laughing7:

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to go in the water at all. take the ATPro. Why risk getting your other metal detector trashed by salt water? I have been doing the surf down here in Florida for a few months and know it is easy to get salt water on the detector. The dry sand offers lots of goodies if you are digging everything. ENJOY your vacation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread