Dry Day In Field Today..

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got up early this morning, went to the large open field that used to be a garden but is now just a huge open area with a home in the very back that my friend lives in.. I figured it wouldn't have much trash seeing as it was a plowed, tilled, and planted field for years up until a couple of years ago.. WRONG!!! Every 2-3 feet was a piece of shredded beer can either laying on top of the ground or just a few inches under the ground.. It was like someone shredded a dumptruck full of beer cans and scattered them everywhere.. Needless to say, after an hour or so I just packed up and came back home with nothing but can slaw and aching knees and back.. It's like bear hunting, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you...lol... :BangHead:

Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some days it is like that. They were tearing up a lot right by 100 year old train station and I figured that we be great spot.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time, but the few hours I spent there, I found some clad and ton of junk metal.

At least you can get out, I still have probably 2 weeks+ before the ground thaws some, still have several feet of snow in parts of my yard.

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread