Question to ATPro users

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having trouble determining how far you push the coil plug in. I can push mine in just until the rubber o-ring disappears, but it seems like it should go farther.

So, question: when you plug in your coil to your ATPro, there's a little metal lip on the coil plug, is the coil plug supposed to be pushed in until that lip meets (sits on top of) the connector on the ATPro side?

Thanks!

(I hope this makes sense)

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it has to go all the way in... At least that is how I used it.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure the pins are lined up, then push it in as far as you can. When you screw the connector in, the threads will draw it up to where it should be. Only finger tight! and no cross thread.

smitty010203

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your having trouble getting the connector to thread on its probably not pushed in far enough. Just make sure your pens are lined up and the washer is going in cleanly and you should be able to seat it in enough to where the screw cap threads engage fairly easily.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Be very careful with the pins. Make sure they are aligned properly and then make sure the connection is in as far is it can be without forcing anything. Don't overturn the nut or it might get stuck or begin to strip. If you feel like it might break or cause damage, STOP. Refer to the available videos on YouTube for further assistance or post additional questions. The ATPro is a great machine, best of luck!

N7XW

Feb 9, 2014
Western WA
Detector(s) used
ctx, atp, tejon, omega, etp, f2, compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a super tight fit. By pushing hard, I got it ALMOST to where the flanges meet. Supposedly it starts to go in easier the more you change coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread