Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it looks like an amazing pinpointer, now where can we find the info on how to make it???

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like an amazing pinpointer, now where can we find the info on how to make it???
Are you really going to hunt for tiny chain links with a pin pointer?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No... Not at all... But if it picks the small stuff, it will pick the big stuff like a coin even better...

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No... Not at all... But if it picks the small stuff, it will pick the big stuff like a coin even better...

Have you used White's TRX yet? It has great range at max sensitivity, but its so good that it can be less efficient when trying to pinpoint. I have to run mine at 50%, especially in trashy sites, or it goes off all over the place.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
No not yet... I have to cut some expenses so I think I won't be testing it for now. I do have the GPP and the Sunray probe. And I agree that too much sensitivity in a pinpointer is not too useful. But I also love DIY electronic projects and if I could do this one it would be nice... Unfortunately I couldn't check the other forum since I am not a member and granting access to it takes some time, it would have been nice for the OP to have copied the thread here in this forum ... Anyway...

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I couldn't check the other forum since I am not a member and granting access to it takes some time, it would have been nice for the OP to have copied the thread here in this forum ... Anyway...

I agree, I was curious, as I am with all DIY stuff, but I didn't want to create an account just to read the post.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the pin pointers I've used will pick up small stuff. I guess I just don't see the point in this particular one unless it's to save a lot of money or is handier to use.

OP
OP
N

nala

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I was curious, as I am with all DIY stuff, but I didn't want to create an account just to read the post.

The thread contains all the schematics, parts list,

explanation with pictures how to make the coil and much more.

Everything you need to build successfully.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nala

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What data on the sensitivity.

50 euro cents = 10 centimeters
Chain Link of Gold 0,07 grams = 0.5 centimeters
The pinpointer can detect large and very small parts,
and that is special

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
As a high school science teacher, this project looks really interesting. The site has more than pinpointers, they have instructions for multiple types of machines. Really great info. I also happen to teach a metal detecting class as an elective, so I'm thinking this could be a fun opportunity for those nasty weather days!

OP
OP
N

nala

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a high school science teacher, this project looks really interesting. The site has more than pinpointers, they have instructions for multiple types of machines. Really great info. I also happen to teach a metal detecting class as an elective, so I'm thinking this could be a fun opportunity for those nasty weather days!

The pinpointer is minimized, but he does not under the factory ones. In many ways, he is much better.
I wish you much success and building fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions