AT PRO IS COMING

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ordered my AT pro today! Got a great price from Bart! It should be here by Saturday or Monday! :headbang::headbang:8-);D I'm pumped! anyone have any tips?
-Ryan
Congrats on your new detector I hope you enjoy it and use it a lot.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had success my first outting with - pro zero - iron descr 35 - sensitivity 3 and auto ground balance. Only got out once so far, still cold in PA

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one, love it and my advice 1. Ground balance, Ground balance, Ground balance, adjust it as soon as you hear it fart.
2. Run the handle as short as possible to avoid arm fatigue.
3. Use the Pin Point button to be perfectly over the target, I find the AT Pro very sensitive and therefore picks up the target way before its right over it.
4. I personally prefer STD over Pro settings, I run "Coins" "Iron Audio on" Std discrim and std sensitivity.

Enjoy the new toy :thumbsup:

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my AT Pro a couple of weeks ago and it was my first detector. I was a little worried it was too advanced but I just run it on Pro Zero and sure it's telling me a lot I don't fully understand yet but I was finding things from the moment I turned it on and have plenty of bells and whistles to grow into. Glad I didn't take the wife's advice and get a "starter" model and looking forward to spending the time to really learn the machine not to mention all the finds I have to look forward to. I'm glad I got what I did and I am sure you will too!
Congrats and good luck!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'm sure you will love it, as I did mine. I recommend running on Pro Zero as well, and just trust your ears. The AT Pro is fairly fast, and will pick up good targets near trash, and if you pick up the 5x8 coil for trashy sites, it will surely find good stuff.

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
garrett ATPRO garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine on march 10 its my first one for me found over $5 in clad .2nd day out got me a 1908 dime 15inches down .you will love it and you will be glad you didn't listen to the wife lol . hh
:hello2:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine on march 10 its my first one for me found over $5 in clad .2nd day out got me a 1908 dime 15inches down .you will love it and you will be glad you didn't listen to the wife lol . hh

15 inches, wow that's a deep dime! I had no idea the AT Pro could get down that far on a dime. Do you use the standard coil?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

I would love to see an at-pro find a dime at 15inches .... Really... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hardly shocked to see Silver Simon chime in on an AT Pro value thread!!

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See my post about my first hunt with AT Pro this past Saturday, it was positive and then some for only an hour.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered my AT pro today! Got a great price from Bart! It should be here by Saturday or Monday! :headbang::headbang:8-);D I'm pumped! anyone have any tips?
-Ryan

Congrats on your purchase.. The AT Pro is a fantastic machine and Bart and Big Boys Hobbies prices, shipping, and customer service are second to none.. Happy Hunting.. :occasion14:

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watch the video that on line, on how to operate. Thet are a big help.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the video that on line, on how to operate. Thet are a big help.

During the week my AT Pro was being shipped, I watched a ton of videos on it, and by the time I got it I felt like I was an expert. Not that it is a hard detector to learn, but I was glad I took the time to do so.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest starting off in STD for a while and learn your detector. Then when you feel it's time run it in Pro and get to learn more of your detector. Don't expect to learn the Pro mode right off the bat because you'll become frustrated. Take your time and don't expect too much too fast. Patience pays off. Keep referring back to You Tube videos and your manual, you'll catch on. It's worth it. I love mine. Good Luck Grass Hopper!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm one of those guys that doesn't read the instructions for anything. Believe me it's not as hard as it may sound. Like has been said watch the video's and yes if this is your first detector you should read the instructions. if you've swung something before then your learning curve won't be to long. I jumped right into Pro mode, Zero w some discrimination. I didn't have a problem at all, but everyone's different. Your gonna love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread