Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my AT Pro on Friday and decided to go over to the in-laws to try it out this past Saturday. I picked up 2 pizzas and headed over, figured it would keep my wife and daughter occupied while I played with the settings. I took the advice of some folks and set the iron descr at 35, pro zero and 3 sensitivity with an auto ground balance. I have used my other detector here at least 100 times. Started out with finding some modern pennies and lots of foil. My daughter enjoyed taking the pennies to show mom the treasure. I decided to take the walk over to my wife's grandmother's house where I found a 1928 Standing Liberty Quarter and some Mercury and modern Silver dimes previously. I went to the same general vicinity of the older silver coins that I must have been over every time I was there - which was almost every weekend for the past year and half. Well started out with the same old foil and lots of bottle caps as I tried to listen to the beeps and figure it out. About an hour into my hunt I was getting an odd signal in the 30's that would jump to 61. I did some wiggling and could pinpoint the 61. I decided to dig a broad plug to see what I was reading. First pulled out a bottle cap followed by another bottle cap - really getting disappointed now. Then I pull out a 14k wedding band about 5 inches down. I rolled on the ground like a dog - then pulled out another bottle cap. I cleaned the ring off and saw initials and a date. Really long story short - it was my wife's grandmother's original wedding band from when she was 17. Both grandparents are still alive and will be celebrating their 62nd anniversary this November. When I asked her why she never told me she lost it and I was there so often, she said lost it over 40 years ago down the old gray water drain and forgot about it over time. She didn't believe me until I showed her the ring - had to give that one back to the owner 8-)

Attachments

• DSCF5519.JPG
    DSCF5519.JPG
    434 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF5515.JPG
    DSCF5515.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 106
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Date.jpg
    Date.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG very nice ring.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rolled on the ground like a dog

Be careful, some people may call you crazy for celebrating a nice find like that, because they certainly don't appreciate it when someone does it on a TV show!

Kidding aside, that is an awesome first day with the AT Pro. I hope you have many more productive hunts like this in your future. Don't be discouraged by anyone that tells you its an over-hyped detector, because it really is a great machine for the price.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be careful, some people may call you crazy for celebrating a nice find like that, because they certainly don't appreciate it when someone does it on a TV show!

Kidding aside, that is an awesome first day with the AT Pro. I hope you have many more productive hunts like this in your future. Don't be discouraged by anyone that tells you its an over-hyped detector, because it really is a great machine for the price.

Now that dig made me laugh.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar recover at an inlaws house. Suddenly, your wife's choice for a husband doesn't look so bad now! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what it is all about bro! Great first hunt. I too had my first hunt with my new ATP today on the beach. Found about 4 quarters and a few dimes, nickels, and pennies. And of course some junk. Put it in Pro/Zero and really liked what I heard. Can't wait to head out in the a.m. For a dawn patrol session. Can't wait to start finding those rings!!!

OP
OP
M

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my mother in law put it on facebook she said, "we used to make fun of him." I said, "What, you made fun of me. " That explains the pennies on the surface. Too funny, really didn't find any on the surface

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions