Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Whats your wierdest/most absurd find in your metal detecting adventures?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Texas
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Whats your wierdest/most absurd find in your metal detecting adventures?

thanks

Jan 2005
    Western PA
    CTX 3030
    1235 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    syringes...in my back yard. I live next to what is essentially a slum. Nice.
    - Jeff -

Paying off my detector one penny at a time

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6643 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    A thread like this has been done before but I'll give you one I had a couple of years ago. I was beach hunting and got a decent signal. I dug down a couple of inches and found what I thought was a small silver ring. I reached down to grab it and found it was the tip of a fishing pole and the signal was the top eye. After digging a 10' long trench and digging down about 2' at the reel end, I finally removed the whole rod and reel assembly. The carbon fiber rod was broken but the reel still worked!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6643 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrpnBils View Post
    syringes...in my back yard. I live next to what is essentially a slum. Nice.
    In just about any urban park you'll find those.....yuk!

Jan 2005
    Western PA
    CTX 3030
    1235 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    A thread like this has been done before but I'll give you one I had a couple of years ago. I was beach hunting and got a decent signal. I dug down a couple of inches and found what I thought was a small silver ring. I reached down to grab it and found it was the tip of a fishing pole and the signal was the top eye. After digging a 10' long trench and digging down about 2' at the reel end, I finally removed the whole rod and reel assembly. The carbon fiber rod was broken but the reel still worked!
    I had read this twice...the first time I misunderstood and thought it was a fishing pole buried vertically. That would be impressive!
    - Jeff -

Paying off my detector one penny at a time

us
    Sep 2012
    Garrett 350, AT Pro
    42 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hmmmm...I haven't found too many oddball things, but the best would be a smoking pipe (the briarwood and brass kind, not the crack kind) that was in the middle of a random field. It was kinda weird to find it there. This is a field planted with soy and corn. Guess the farmer likes a smoke.

us
    Mar 2013
    Arkansas
    Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i Tesoro Silver Saber
    198 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by abbynormal View Post
    Hmmmm...I haven't found too many oddball things, but the best would be a smoking pipe (the briarwood and brass kind, not the crack kind) that was in the middle of a random field. It was kinda weird to find it there. This is a field planted with soy and corn. Guess the farmer likes a smoke.
    I found a heads I win tails you lose naked chick coin in a church yard lol!
    Dig till it hurts, then dig until its too dark to see anymore.

us
    May 2012
    Illinois
    E-trac,
    95 times
    Metal Detecting
    My fave funny find was a pig flipper. About the size of a quarter had a pig face on one side and its butt on the other. Was advertising for Motts Brothers in Rockford. When I saw the pig butt I literally LOL'd

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9854 times
    A goat's head in the sand at a beach in Fort Lauderdale, still had tags in his (or hers,lol) ear.

us
    Landlord Jim

Jul 2012
    Oakland County, Michigan
    V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
    81 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was detecting in Daytona Beach couple of years ago and dug a brass crematorium tag for someone who had their ashes thrown out to sea! The tag was from Springfield, Mass.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    6643 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Landlord Jim View Post
    I was detecting in Daytona Beach couple of years ago and dug a brass crematorium tag for someone who had their ashes thrown out to sea! The tag was from Springfield, Mass.
    Interesting that you should mention that. I found one also, at Ormond Beach, which is just north of Daytona. Mine was from Ohio!

us
    Bill Jones

May 2007
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Multiple Tesoros and Whites
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Shortly after I first began detecting, I was hunting near an old, abandoned house. Off one back corner, I got a very strong hit. Removing a light covering of soil, I found the top of a large, flat stone. Having read that people often hid trasures under stones or other misleading objects, I began to get excited. When I finally got the stone up and turned over all that was under it was an old, rusty ring gear from an early automobile differential. I didn't bother to put it in my pouch.
    luvsdux

us
    VERDE

Jun 2013
    Louisiana
    AT Pro
    708 times
    Hey nachos10!! How about a 25 pound meteorite!! It is still posted on the internet as the Grayton Beach Meteorite!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

us
    Dec 2013
    north carolina
    at pro
    117 times
    Ok Iv been waiting for a thread like this to pop around.......about three weeks back i was detecting a lot next to a church and found a bag of crack, not a small bag, a ziplock back full of little bags of crack ready for distrabution, of course i called the city police and when i said i would like to report a big bag of crack layn on the ground the dispatcher was like WHAT!!! they had a cop out there in like 2 minutes to get it. glad i found it and not some kids........
    luvsdux, RustyGold and Msbeepbeep like this.

Mar 2014
    South Carolina
    1) Teknetics Alpha -- then upgraded to; 2) Teknetcs Delta 4000 -- then upgraded to; 3)Bounty Hunter Platinum (Currently Using) **Garrett Pro-Pointer (A Must Have)
    @cudamark - This is completely off topic, and I also haven't anything to contribute to this thread-- However, when you mentioned Ormond Beach, it brought back so many fond memories. My husband and I have enjoyed many vacations at "Ormond By The Sea". We love it there and plan on vacationing there THIS summer once again. Now that I have been bitten by this hobby I most certainly plan on taking my gear with me this time. Oh, I cannot wait! But I hope I don't find a crematorium tag or an Urn!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links