Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my At pro today, I air tested it, and It wouldn't detect any coin past 7 inches. Is this normal? I know it is capable of more than 7 inches! I had it running pro zero with no disc and sensitivity was maxed. I did it in my house, but the machine was stable, could EMI be affecting it even though it was stable? Also does anyone know the older models ending model number for the coil issues? I'm just worried that I got an older model and the fact this machine can't hit 7 inch targets in the air! Thanks in advance
-Ryan

Upvote 0

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with the fisher f2 and when i got the atpro the fisher never came back out of the closet. my atpro, the more i used it and more i understood it, the more i love it. i went back over spots i pounded to death with my f2 and found silver i couldnt believe i had missed. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i have mine

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owning an ATP and having detected with people with other brands in my opinion the ATP is a mediocre and overrated machine.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Owning an ATP and having detected with people with other brands in my opinion the ATP is a mediocre and overrated machine.

I'd be curious what you are comparing it to. I know of no other machine at its price point that will out perform it.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you running in the Pro mode max sensitivity? Thats where you get the deepest signals. Our mineralization here in Spokane is in the 90's and I routinely find and dig coins up in the 9" + range. Practice with your machine I've had mine for over a year and hunt regularly I've finally think I got it down now,
Good Hunting
MackDog

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would never go by an air test, the only test worth doing is a coin buried. With the ATP you will rarely get a good hit below 6" anyway. Most below 6" will be a can or iron.

You must not know how to use your machine my finds good targets (barb dimes ) at 9 to 10 inches and they read 85 or 86 each pass

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be curious what you are comparing it to. I know of no other machine at its price point that will out perform it.
Well for one the BH I replaced it with is as good in side by side comparison. And as far as price point if you spend a few bucks more you could get a Fisher or Teknetics machine that in my opinion are a whole lot better and if you figure you get 2 coils with these machines the price difference gets very comparable. Either of these will be my next detector.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan, You might turn the sensitivity down one or two notches, the chatter you are hearing is either emi or a ground mineralization issue. It should run quiet on normal soil. Think of it like running your car with high beams on in fog.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never go by an air test, the only test worth doing is a coin buried. With the ATP you will rarely get a good hit below 6" anyway. Most below 6" will be a can or iron.
Something is wrong with your AT PRO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread