fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I have been speaking with many officials this past week and will be meeting with the Asst. City Manager early next week about an organized Historical dig at one of the founding fathers of this towns original homestead from 1860. I have secured permission to hunt the 10 acres next to the homestead but really want to work this homestead. The house is actually built around the original cabin.

Where I am going with this is that I am a newbie to metal detecting and would need help if I can secure permission. I do not want to give out the exact details for fear of lurkers that might raid this spot even though it is gated and locked with "No Trespassing" signs. So what I would need is professionals from the DFW area to assist. I have already agreed to donate all relics relating to the original homestead that they want to the historical society keeping only articles post dating the Founder. Also We would keep any coinage since it cannot be directly attributed to him.

Anyone who might be interested or has been through one of these kind of digs please chime in.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Ron

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd recommend joining a local detecting club. They'll have members that have knowledge and interest in local history and would welcome you with open arms if share a site like that. Most clubs have some very experienced members with top of the line detectors of all types.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I tried to think of some Texas towns but that was not one of them.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish someone would offer me this within 200 miles of my house. Sounds like fun. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions