Garrett ace 350

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I use 3 different settings.

Coin mode - for obvious reasons.

Coin mode but discriminate out Nickle. I usually use this when I'm not in a historical place that I would find an extremely old Nickle and just digging clad. But also an area filled with thin aluminum such as scrap or compacted foil. Usually I don't go to this unless I dig a few trash and just want to coin shoot quickly without digging much. I'll pass a clad Nickle every once in a while if it saves digging 40 trash plugs.

All metal mode- I use this when I frequently get the chime every few passes on targets. I go to this so that if it keeps happening once I change to it it will chime but with a mid range beep and I know it's not just having trouble seeing a coin but is trash with it jumping to coin every now and then.

I also hit my targets from 90 degrees before digging to see if it changes, size my target with pinpointing. And usually don't dig targets that jump more then 3 notches with passing (such and pass quarter, pass penny, pass 50 cent, pass pull tab.) unless I'm just detecting and not coin shooting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread