Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me, some of the most enjoyable threads on here are ones that show finds in context to where they were found. Not specific locations, but just general overviews. For me, and I'm assuming lots of others relatively new to legitimate site research, I find it incredibly helpful to see this sort of thing and then be able to apply it to the areas I drive past every day or otherwise know about in my area. For example, there was a post on here a few days ago about finding something on an "old road"....I've been trying to locate an "old road" myself down here that was the main thoroughfare during the revolution and the CW. I know basically what to expect since it's long grown in, but after seeing the picture that was posted in that particular thread a light sort of went on in my head about "oh yeah, I've definitely seen places that look just like that around here before." I also know there are some old CW-era taverns still standing in this area, just based on what the history book say, but I only have a vague idea of what to look for construction-wise.

So if you wouldn't mind, post a picture of a spot or two you've had some luck at and maybe tell us what kind of stuff you found there....definitely not looking for exact locations or anything, just something general. An old field, old road, old house or tavern, foundations, cellar holes, etc...anything really.

Upvote 0

Ctwilly49

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hasy4anu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....got a picture of the area you found this in? Context of any kind?

Ctwilly49

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never sent Pics as I am tech stupid! Didn't know I could just use I-phone DUH ! Anyway this is the the first thing I dug up that was old. Googled it and found it to be very rare, Circa 1920s, embossed Tin Lid! Too bad it's squashed flat as a Dime and not attached to a Jar !! My House was built in 1910 and I know there is an Area in back of Property that was used to dump Metal and Bottles. I live in NW Ct.
I used a very low cost MD that I borrowed, it works fine for Noob! ( Can someone tell me what a Deuce is? ) I'm thinking Rolls Royce of MDs?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never sent Pics as I am tech stupid! Didn't know I could just use I-phone DUH ! Anyway this is the the first thing I dug up that was old. Googled it and found it to be very rare, Circa 1920s, embossed Tin Lid! Too bad it's squashed flat as a Dime and not attached to a Jar !! My House was built in 1910 and I know there is an Area in back of Property that was used to dump Metal and Bottles. I live in NW Ct.
I used a very low cost MD that I borrowed, it works fine for Noob! ( Can someone tell me what a Deuce is? ) I'm thinking Rolls Royce of MDs?

Pretty much, it's in the high end of general use detectors.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about "Rolls Royce" but it's a good all-around higher end detector that I believe is made in France. Some people swear by them. They're light and have some interesting features. Not water proof though and not a particularly good nugget machine either.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting