Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers"

Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been terminology around here for a long time. Way before diggers or savage
Stinkin Lincolns
Zincolns
Skunked
Can slaw
Ka-Ching
Happy Dance
Schwing
What else have I seen "here" for years?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There are enough times that the word "Nectar" is mentioned on TN, that if it weren't a metal detecting word before, it sure is now!:laughing7:

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
New to this thread... I enjoy the show. Their antics are funny. Anyone who says they don't get all school girl giddy when they pop the plug and see silver is a liar. I plan on doing cartwheels when I pull my first silver!! Hell I get excited when I dig a copper penny
I would do cartwheels for gold...

Damn I got pulled back into this thread again ..lol

Ripper1313

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you should know by now that all the metal detecting TV shows are jokes... There is not one good one on TV..

Meteorite men was pretty good but unfortunately that's not on anymore.
: ( diggers, dig wars, dig fellas they all have their quirks and annoyances but it's all there is right now that's on TV. I watch some of the YouTube videos that are pretty good, there's somethings about them all that bother me, yet I watch them all and still enjoy them.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like diggers and metal detecting shows you will always have members or an audience of people who critique everything but do not hunt much themselves or at all. I hunt alone but will hoot and holler on occasion. I am not dead yet! Many people like to film their hunts and sometimes you have to say something or it might as well be a black and white silent format! haha

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody seems neutral to this show, everyone either loves it or hates it...the producers couldn't ask for better publicity! Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys or the New York Yankees, makes them the most consistently talked about sports franchises ever. Same goes for Diggers.

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone ever catch travel channels DigFellas, with Bill Ladd (Eastern Western Treasure contributor) and Howard Hewett. I never hear anyone talk about that series.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone ever catch travel channels DigFellas, with Bill Ladd (Eastern Western Treasure contributor) and Howard Hewett. I never hear anyone talk about that series.

Probably because it was too short lived.

8 episodes of bill yelling "Howaad !"

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,it wasn't a long season I know em both they got some great youtube vids,bill has been in a bunch of magazines,ect they don't plant & have lots if knowledge probly not on anymore cuz they weren't doin cartwheelso

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone who says they don't get all school girl giddy when they pop the plug and see silver is a liar.
Ok, I'm a liar! Sure I get excited. Sometimes I even say (not yell) things out loud like " Yes!" "Sweet!" "Nice!. I DO NOT get school girl giddy!

You wanna jump up and down and giggle, eat grass, run through dog houses, swing from branches be my guest. Won't stop me from making fun of you!

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Is that show still on air? I know the first season looks to be over but will there be a season 2 of Digfellas?

Never heard of it and just pulled up the episodes online so I'm gonna check em out.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is... Nobody uses those terms in the metal detecting world... That I know of...

Nectar.... Really?

LMAOO

Have you never herd the term honey hole? Where all the sweet stuff lies? Its the same as nectar. Just a spin on a common term.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
No I haven't. The show is contrived and staged. The terminology they use just adds to the contrived, forced, inauthentic nature of the show.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The show is contrived and staged.

Respectfully, do you guys really think the National Geographic Society would fake finds on their own hunts? Do you really think the archaeology professors and natural history experts at NatGeo think that a piece of rusty iron from a broken septic tank is valuable and needs to be "planted"?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see how one would think the show is pre seeded. The show only airs a handful of finds. Who would watch it if they showed three hours worth of digging pull tabs. We see enough of that In real life.

This is edited for TV.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, reality TV inside and out....

Thanks man for recounting the story of KG's frying pan handle on your post sig! That was freakin' hilarious! Reading it made me laugh again! Reality TV or not, this style of humor is nothing new. I grew up with Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy on TV, they brought laughter and joy to millions by acting "silly", and I am happy the young folks in my family have something like this to watch today!. My friend's Grand kids watch Miley Cyrus videos. Much better to have a family of diggers than twerkers.

indexw.jpg 523470_10151331183116472_128099619_n.jpg 2077972_wild-west-nectar_7hqdjmj4am3d2cszxsyeykq4xpncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpg

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
Respectfully, do you guys really think the National Geographic Society would fake finds on their own hunts? Do you really think the archaeology professors and natural history experts at NatGeo think that a piece of rusty iron from a broken septic tank is valuable and needs to be "planted"?
I believe the finds are real because they are ordinary finds - nothing to do cartwheels about, the only find that made me wonder was the gold coin when they only had a 4x6 ft area to search in New Orleans

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Don't get me wrong... I believe the finds a real... However, everything around the fines is staged. Once something is located and they see it's of some value, they stage the discovery and the associated reaction

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread