Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers"

Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the show as joke, and does nothing but make a mere mockery of the hobby, it's the wingnuts like these guys and other idiots that make the true enthusiast like us, look like fools to the general public. All I can hear is "look at those guys" in reference to the shows that stereo type us, because of them.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's just break that down a little let's start with Deadliest Catch.
Everything about that show is big dramatic and dynamic from the ocean to the weather and all the other moving parts... Its big on the TV screen all on its own.
Same with wicked tuna... Ice cold gold should speak for itself I mean watching natural gold be pulled from the earth is exciting all on its own.
Now take a couple of guys with a metal detector how on earth do you think it could be done to keep someone engaged and actively watching that program something has to be added to the mix.
I personally think they've found just about the only way to keep a large audience watching somebody metal detect.. And keep an audience for the commercials because after all sales is what television is really about

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the show as joke, and does nothing but make a mere mockery of the hobby, it's the wingnuts like these guys and other idiots that make the true enthusiast like us, look like fools to the general public. All I can hear is "look at those guys" in reference to the shows that stereo type us, because of them.

Please stop using the word us because I do not belong lumped into whatever group you're referring to

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name a worse one

Boom Baby
Amish Mafia
any Cops show
The house with all the cameras ?
the N.J. show with the drunkin girls.
Survivor
the repo show
the spoiled rotten brat I forget her name ?

Want me to keep Going, I'd have to do some Googing too many worse to remember the names of all

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Party Down South
Honey Boo Boo
Any "Housewives" show
Kardashians (sp?)
Anything on Mtv in the last 20yrs

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Boom Baby
Amish Mafia
any Cops show
The house with all the cameras ?
the N.J. show with the drunkin girls.
Survivor
the repo show
the spoiled rotten brat I forget her name ?

Want me to keep Going, I'd have to do some Googing too many worse to remember the names of all

Don't watch most of those...the ones I do are not as bad...

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Yes they are!

I have identified the problem...you guys stend way too much time watching reality shows....you have been serially dumbed down by all those shows and your standards are just (edited) so sad...

LMAOOO

DIGGERS SUCKS!

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't watch most of those...the ones I do are not as bad...

of the ones I listed the only one I ever watched a whole episode & weekly, was Amish Mafia.
but that was because it was Semi Local.

If you saw the Last episode though, sounds to me they learned their lesson on
trusting Production crews and May have completely destroyed any trust at all between
the English and the Amish in Lancaster, or it was all a sham as I thought in the first place
and the end was an Excellent Ruse .

If there is another season it will be obvious which :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have identified the problem...you guys stpnd way too much time warching reality shows....you have been serially dumbed down by all those shows and your standards are just in the shitter...so sad...

LMAOOO
Note the bold!

3 offs?

LOL!

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stop using the word us because I do not belong lumped into whatever group you're referring to

Im not sure where you stand on the topic but you're all over the place dude.....I think these guys are dopes. If you're swinging a metal detector then you sir are one of us, an enthusiast. Its the jackasses like them that tar the hobby to the general public.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure where you stand on the topic but you're all over the place dude.....I think these guys are dopes. If you're swinging a metal detector then you sir are one of us, an enthusiast. Its the jackasses like them that tar the hobby to the general public.

All over the place?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The National Geographic Channel is paying them to hunt spots you only wish you could... call them whatever you want.. You can call me a dope all day if I were in their shoes

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway time to unsubscribe from this again and come back when it's up over 500

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread