Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: Another reason I dont care for "Diggers"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2014
    Garrett ACE 250
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    On the bright side there will be a lot of people buying metal detectors because of the show that will be for sale up on Craiglist after a couple of weeks. You might be able to upgrade at a good price.

Mar 2014
    Louisiana
    Whites idx pro
    29 times
    I like the show, gets a little old sometimes when they say civ, nector etc. but I love seeing the places they hunt that we never would be able too.
    falconman515 likes this.

us
    Jul 2010
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I disagree. I think it is a very bad thing for "the hobby." The more attention we get the harder it becomes to practice our hobby. More and more restrictions, more and more newbie’s digging holes in easily accessible parks and private properties without permission, proper technique or ethics. The only people that profit from these shows are the advertisers and metal detector manufacturers.
    I 100% agree.

us
    Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Garrett Infinium LS GTI 2500 Garrett Pro Pointer Garrett AT Pro
    151 times
    I would rather watch Diggers than some adult cartoon...
    Don Griffith likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    8469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I disagree. I think it is a very bad thing for "the hobby." The more attention we get the harder it becomes to practice our hobby. More and more restrictions, more and more newbie’s digging holes in easily accessible parks and private properties without permission, proper technique or ethics. The only people that profit from these shows are the advertisers and metal detector manufacturers.
    Exactly. The one thing I don't want is everyone's attention when I'm detecting, and if someone yells " roundness in the hole " at me, my first impulse would be to smack them, but I won't because that would reflect poorly on the hobby...but I would really want to.
    jeff of pa and EagleDown like this.

May 2012
    5614 times
    Being disrespected is being disrespected I don't care if I have a metal detector in my hand or not I would react badly to something like that.. This is just a television show..
    I don't know why I haven't unsubscribed from this thread already.
    If you guys really think that so many people that do not metal detect or at least look at it as a positive thing are going to spend their time watching that television show.. And be in such high numbers as to negatively impact what you do on a regular basis you're giving the producers a pretty big compliment... In their ability to gather ratings.
    Lighten up... happy hunting.
    If it leads to a lot of younger people purchasing metal detectors and somehow not acting as gentlemanly as they should then I believe the issue lies in their home and upbringing not with a couple of guys who are lucky enough to work 4 National Geographic while doing somthing they obviously love .
    Last edited by GatorBoy; Apr 07, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

us
    Dec 2013
    Canton, Ga
    Old junker
    3 times
    I think everyone is missing that the target audience is preteen boys.

They do there antics and speculation for time filler and to entertain children. Like it or not, you have to admit it's not fun watching someone dig pull tabs and trash. That would be the other option.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    23693 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    if someone yells " roundness in the hole " at me, my first impulse would be to smack them,

LOL That's Funny !
    if someone yells " roundness in the hole " at me I'd probably crack up while shaking my head No
    unless there is at the time, Then I'd laugh & say "yep" "But you won't see me climbing any Trees"
    Sandman and EagleDown like this.

us
    PLUG

Mar 2014
    Randolph County, WV
    AT Pro and Pro Pointer
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsdux View Post
    Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
    luvsdux
    Tell us what you really think??
    So I'm going along, all of a sudden I get this SWEET hit! It's like my head is going to explode! I get down. I start diggin', I'm lookin'. And there it is, roundness in the hole! Woo hoo!! I start runnin' around, breaking tree limbs, doin' cart wheels and somersaults. I holler at Ringy! It's the greatest find ever! Sweet nectar in the hole! I know what this is! It's the handle of a sword. We've NEVER found ANYTHING this good! Sweet juice in the poc
    Archaelogist: It's a frying pan handle
    DOH!

us
    PLUG

Mar 2014
    Randolph County, WV
    AT Pro and Pro Pointer
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    Exactly. The one thing I don't want is everyone's attention when I'm detecting, and if someone yells " roundness in the hole " at me, my first impulse would be to smack them
    Hilarious, Great visual. Soooooo I'm guessing, "Juice in the pock" wouldn't be good either?? Or yelling at the top of your lungs, "I GOT THE GREATEST FIND EVER!!!"
    jeff of pa, Sandman and EagleDown like this.
    So I'm going along, all of a sudden I get this SWEET hit! It's like my head is going to explode! I get down. I start diggin', I'm lookin'. And there it is, roundness in the hole! Woo hoo!! I start runnin' around, breaking tree limbs, doin' cart wheels and somersaults. I holler at Ringy! It's the greatest find ever! Sweet nectar in the hole! I know what this is! It's the handle of a sword. We've NEVER found ANYTHING this good! Sweet juice in the poc
    Archaelogist: It's a frying pan handle
    DOH!

us
    Mar 2014
    Fresno, CA.
    Saving My Pennies ........... For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
    54 times
    Metal Detecting
    It's a TV Show Guys!

And do you really think anyone other then active metal detectorist of guys or gals "thinking" about getting into hobby stop on that show and watch it? There a thousand damn channels on TV.

Overall I think it's a fun show for us to watch instead of watching youtube videos of people pulling out bottlecaps from parks all day.

It;s cool to see these new old places that have so many artifacts and treasure that have never been unearthed but now are due to NatGeo having a TV show and a set of guys who have been this A Long Time uncover these treasures for them.

Ya we will never get to detect in Dodge City, or locations from the Hatfields & McCoys battle ... but they do cause it;s TV and the historians get to keep all the relics that are unearthed for their future displays etc.

Lets realize that they are kookie cause it basically a "reality show" and they need to make it fun.

And really it's not bad for the hobby at all cause we all something fun to watch that revolves around the sport we love ... plus no new people that are not somewhat level headed etc. don't say "Ohh Hey, I want to disrespect peoples land and trespass so lets do what those Digger guys do and buy an expensive ass metal detector with huge headphones just to do so"

Let's get real here! LOL

But like many have said ... If you like it or enjoy just watching a fun show about history and guys who do what we do get to go to those places then watch it! .... but if you don't like the guys because of their antics and kookieness then I have no clue what it is you watch on TV now a days cause all that the damn boob tube is full of now a days ... and the alternative is to just not watch it and move on.

I for one thing it's awesome and after 15 years removed from the hobby that show alone got me all pumped up again and now looking to dive head first fully back into the hobby remembering how Exciting it was to pull out a coin from the ground from the 1800's or early 1900's .... if it wasn't seeing them crazy guys have so much fun I would have just forgotten about how much fun I had and never got back into it.

Overall this forum should be for Detector talk ... not Tv Show talk ... I searched Diggers on this forum and ohh my lord this subject has been beat to death!!! LOL

Just let it all go, go grab your detector and go find those NECTAR SECTORS on your own!!!! (had to get at least one nutty quote myself ...LOL)

us
    Oct 2012
    Wisc
    844 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was hunting an old park in a small town last summer/fall and a father and is young son (8/9yo) felt obligated to ask me if I had found any nectar yet? I had to roll my eyes before looking up and said "you must watch Diggers".
    MichiganMan and falconman515 like this.
    Remember...You are unique. Just like everyone else!

us
    Sep 2008
    Winchester Tennessee
    MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
    87 times
    I think it give property owners the impression that their property is littered with valuables.I recently lost access to a site that I have been searching for over thirty years because the owner was upset that I wasn't sharing all of the valuable finds with him.This was a childhood friend and I even offered to give him all of the finds,probably 8-10 silver coins,a minnieball and some wheaties.I explained if I ever find anything family related I always return it.Still,he had that "you're holding out on the valuables"look and wasn't interested in my claimed finds.This incident really hurt and I really haven't done any hunting since.
    Yard Waste and FloridaMike like this.
    No matter where you go,there you are.

Mar 2014
    9 times
    I enjoy the show. They do get a little crazy sometimes that kinda makes you not take it seriously, but overall I believe they are bringing awareness to the hobby and its interesting to see what they find
    Dice414 and TC024 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2524 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch88 View Post
    Yep I agree. All these things are doing nothing but hurting the hobby. I think Garrett likes it ok though.
    .. Garrett and all the detector dealers love the show …Money in all there pockets..
    Yard Waste likes this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links