21 KB · Views: 152

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather watch Kim n her sisters jumping round then a couple of wing nuts in the woods....jus my .02

Agreed!
I think they act over the top excited for ratings.
It's cool that there's a show showcasing our wonderful hobby but I think it's overdone.

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd rather watch Kim n her sisters jumping round then a couple of wing nuts in the woods....jus my .02

I'm not into mentally disabled fat chicks! But to each their own I guess!

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronnie, you obviously have issues. LOL

Fella, you need to get your eyes checked son, that body in that bikini is freakn' banging. Far from fat. You guys need to keep your spouses out of it.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella, you need to get your eyes checked son, that body in that bikini is freakn' banging. Far from fat. You guys need to keep your spouses out of it.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but she's a photoshopped Hobbit!

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know about you guys but when i go out hunting it is 90% boredom and looking out for snakes, old scrooges, power tripping police, automatic sprinkler systems etc till i get a good solid signal. The loudest and only sound is usually crickets and an occasional owl or coyote. I dig around for a bit and curse my limp noodle digger and crappy pinpointer before digging up a ultra banging nectar of...1980's shredded Dr. Pepper can... But i love it and it sure beats sitting in the house all the time.

Now if they replicated that reality to tv it would be cancelled after a few shows! So of course the guys got to act crazy as heck and get killer spots.

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some things don't make the transition from reality to reality TV. Detecting and stamp collecting are two of them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some things don't make the transition from reality to reality TV. Detecting and stamp collecting are two of them.

Stamp Collecting !

that would be right up there with Golf & poker :thumbsup:
ESPN would be proud

"Ok he's picked up the stamp, Looked at it in the Magnifying glass
Will he put it with the keepers, Or the Ebay pile ?
"

it's A Keeper !!!
it's a Keeper !!!!
The Crowd is on it's Feet !!!!!

Last edited:

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ever notice that their detectors give only 1 tone no matter what they are swinging over?

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ever notice that their detectors give only 1 tone no matter what they are swinging over?

Plus they find everything within three or four swings. And it's always valuable. Real life you pull out a tiny piece of aluminum coated mylar balloon.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus they find everything within three or four swings. And it's always valuable. Real life you pull out a tiny piece of aluminum coated mylar balloon.

So is it back on TV I've been stuck in the oil patch with no tv?It would be nice to be able to watch it when I get home. I don't mind the show at all.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what editing is for. American pickers is interesting and they don't jump around like idiots when they find something. They also edit their 8 hours looking through junk down to an hour with filler about the history and value of their finds. Diggers could be similar without the behavior that is not at all normal for anyone past age 7.

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what editing is for. American pickers is interesting and they don't jump around like idiots when they find something. They also edit their 8 hours looking through junk down to an hour with filler about the history and value of their finds. Diggers could be similar without the behavior that is not at all normal for anyone past age 7.

American Pickers is fake fake fake. They often replace the owners with paid actors.

Diggers preally irritates me with the antics and bs, however I will watch it any day over the likes of Pawnstars, pickers, or God forbid... dancing with the stars...

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
American Pickers is fake fake fake. They often replace the owners with paid actors.

Diggers preally irritates me with the antics and bs, however I will watch it any day over the likes of Pawnstars, pickers, or God forbid... dancing with the stars...

They're all fake. Unbelievably fake. A friend of mine has a place in the country with an old barn. It wasn't American pickers but a similar show approached him about filming a segment. They put a vintage motorcycle in his barn and covered it with an old piece of canvas as if it had been there for years. They didn't like his driveway so they filmed a neighbor's dirt drive thru the woods to make it look like they discovered the barn back in the woods. My friend didn't want to be on the show so they had another random person stand in as the landowner. Was ridiculous. My guess is that every single reality show like that is completely fake.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're all fake. Unbelievably fake. A friend of mine has a place in the country with an old barn. It wasn't American pickers but a similar show approached him about filming a segment. They put a vintage motorcycle in his barn and covered it with an old piece of canvas as if it had been there for years. They didn't like his driveway so they filmed a neighbor's dirt drive thru the woods to make it look like they discovered the barn back in the woods. My friend didn't want to be on the show so they had another random person stand in as the landowner. Was ridiculous. My guess is that every single reality show like that is completely fake.

If the Compensation is good , I wouldn't complain.
Of course if they were expecting a freebie I would give them the Boot :unhappysmiley:

unless of course it was Diggers . Then I'd just want to join in :laughing7:
the Tectin' Not the Jumpin'

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They are that is why i do not watch them.. Plus they are the cause of our detecting problems now.. But the ones that watch the shows do not care about our hobby or how some make there living detecting.. As you notice no one from diggers have been on Tnet after the money started to roll in for them … They were on here to promote there show then got a lot of you to watch … Then made big bucks and then said good by to all of you...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions