Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: Another reason I dont care for "Diggers"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2533 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Dighere View Post
    I think everyone is missing that the target audience is preteen boys.

They do there antics and speculation for time filler and to entertain children. .
    That is what i said before it is a children's show not a adult s show..
    Yard Waste likes this.
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4667 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by XL-PRO PRO View Post
    I think it give property owners the impression that their property is littered with valuables.I recently lost access to a site that I have been searching for over thirty years because the owner was upset that I wasn't sharing all of the valuable finds with him.This was a childhood friend and I even offered to give him all of the finds,probably 8-10 silver coins,a minnieball and some wheaties.I explained if I ever find anything family related I always return it.Still,he had that "you're holding out on the valuables"look and wasn't interested in my claimed finds.This incident really hurt and I really haven't done any hunting since.
    If that property owner watched the show Diggers he would surely know that there were no great valuable items on his property. They monetary value of their finds are quite small for two guys hunting a week on the off limits type of sites they hunt. You should tell him to watch the show and he would probably apologize and tell you to have at it.
    jeff of pa, EagleDown and TC024 like this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4667 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by fella View Post
    I was hunting an old park in a small town last summer/fall and a father and is young son (8/9yo) felt obligated to ask me if I had found any nectar yet? I had to roll my eyes before looking up and said "you must watch Diggers".
    Your lucky, if they hadn't seen the show he would have told his son to stay away from that strange guy scratching for pennies.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4667 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dighere View Post
    I think everyone is missing that the target audience is preteen boys.

They do there antics and speculation for time filler and to entertain children. Like it or not, you have to admit it's not fun watching someone dig pull tabs and trash. That would be the other option.
    I wouldn't say pre teen but its definitely liked by the younger crowd...I figured that out a long time ago.

us
    Oct 2012
    Wisc
    844 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown View Post
    Your lucky, if they hadn't seen the show he would have told his son to stay away from that strange guy scratching for pennies.
    I should be so lucky!
    Remember...You are unique. Just like everyone else!

us
    Connecting to the Past through Metal Detecting

Apr 2014
    Lafayette Indiana
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett ACE 350
    59 times
    Lots of shows like this. Storage wars, American pickers, auction wars, barter kings. Pick your flavor. I like then all actually.
    lookindown likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4514 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I do not think Diggers hurts our hobby/sport, passion at all!
    If anything, it changes people's (people who don't detect) outdated attitude about metal detecting in general! It also opens up the possibility for the average person to get a chance to dig on some unique properties...
    Thanks for the compliment, by the way, I haven't been called a preteen boy in 52 years!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    24667 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I think 99% of those who watch either Detect or Know someone in their Family or close friend Circles
    who detects & is Interested/curious

the other 1% happen by while searching for something to watch Hear one of them Yelling,
    or see them Climbing a tree & think "What The ? " and stop channel surfing
    long enough to watch.

or are big on Natgeo, that they never change it
    except maybe to watch the news
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Apr 08, 2014 at 02:34 AM.
    lookindown likes this.

us
    Georgia Red

Mar 2013
    Valdosta, GA
    Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5 Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Xterra 305
    2347 times
    All I know is if I'm ever in an AWESOME nectar sector and dig 5 colognes out of one juice hole with great roundness I'm highly likely to do a few flips and bounce off of trees. If the didn't have the crazy antics would the show be more successful? Probably not but I guess we'll never know. I admit after thumbing through the other options on TV like duck dynasty reruns, honey booboo, etc, it is a welcomed show even though I believe it hurts our hobby overall. I see Terry's point about newbs, but the funny thing is I've seen a lot of older hunters (I'm 44 going on 17) using poor recovery techniques than newbs. I live in a small town and have only seen 3 other people hunting, 2 with Aces and one with an ATP, and am pretty sure judging on their swinging technique, they are copying Ringy and KG.
    Last edited by Fletch88; Apr 08, 2014 at 04:48 AM.
    team sidewinder likes this.

Apr 2014
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fella View Post
    Another reason I don't care for "Diggers" threads…Nothing is ever said that hasn't been said 100 times (at least) before!
    Oh yeah?

Shush kebab penny potatoe diddly dee dee oh no it's yours not mine ya cheese smelling landlubber.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. I do have to agree with fella in that I have nothing of value to add.

us
    Nov 2012
    Cincinnati Ohio
    White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
    1919 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by XL-PRO PRO View Post
    I think it give property owners the impression that their property is littered with valuables.I recently lost access to a site that I have been searching for over thirty years because the owner was upset that I wasn't sharing all of the valuable finds with him.This was a childhood friend and I even offered to give him all of the finds,probably 8-10 silver coins,a minnieball and some wheaties.I explained if I ever find anything family related I always return it.Still,he had that "you're holding out on the valuables"look and wasn't interested in my claimed finds.This incident really hurt and I really haven't done any hunting since.
    You haven't gone back? Now he knows you have been screwing him.
    Carolina Tom likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    SW MONTANA
    MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
    78 times
    Metal Detecting
    Here we go again. I can't believe the storm of controversy the subject of the " Diggers " brings up every time. Its not like they are tying you to a chair and making you watch the show. I may not have even gotten into metal detecting if the hobby of metal detecting wasn't approached in this show. I know these guys personally and live in the same town and believe me they don't act that way when here at home with no camera crews. Oh I almost forgot we don't want anymore new people getting into metal detecting anyway because that will be less for the rest of us to find.
    Last edited by team sidewinder; Apr 08, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
    falconman515 and TC024 like this.

us
    Georgia Red

Mar 2013
    Valdosta, GA
    Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5 Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado Minelab CTX 3030 Minelab Xterra 305
    2347 times
    Quote Originally Posted by team sidewinder View Post
    Here we go again. I can't believe the storm of controversy the subject of the " Diggers " brings up every time. Its not like they are tying you to a chair and making you watch the show. I may not have even gotten into metal detecting if the hobby of metal detecting wasn't approached in this show. I know these guys personally and live in the same town and believe me they don't act that way when here at home with no camera crews. Oh I almost forgot we don't want anymore new people getting into metal detecting anyway because that will be less for to find.
    Can you get in on some of these hunts?
    Last edited by Fletch88; Apr 08, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
    team sidewinder likes this.

us
    its never lost

Mar 2013
    mass
    fisher f75ltd, (had, deus xp,whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, and many more)
    807 times
    Seems like at least once a week Theresa new thread on.the tv show diggers why

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by christo000 View Post
    Seems like at least once a week Theresa new thread on.the tv show diggers why
    Some people think these shows puts a bad light on our hobby..

Shows are not produced for people already in the hobby

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links