Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers"

Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggers has a new member in next seasons episode her name Rosie Okelly her video Let's Go Metal Detecting!...My White's XLT Detector , man they will make a great group check it out. If I read right kg and she hit it off right away . Should be best season ever.

Where the heck is a good vomiting emoticon when you need one!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the instructional video link.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the instructional video link.

Screaming+Frodo+-+Why.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you ever wish you could un see something?:laughing7:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it falls down a old well.I think that would be a positive thing for the hobby.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
I LOVE the show.

Every time I hear "I got roundness in my hole", I PMSL and thinking "Ringy... go quickly to a doctor, he will remove King George´s **** Ring" :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Dig Fellas is a little bit better but this guys are much to loud....

This shows are a good idea, specially with a historical background but they should do a show wich is more seriously.

A nice one is to find on YT called Treasure Hunting America. And the best is, no one is screeming there!!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an observation....
I happen to get a kick out of their antics and enjoy watching the program yet I don't feel compelled to talk or post about it..... You say you do not like the show yet you want to talk about the show.
Hmmmm,..

Not to mention a planted target when things just don't pan out.

I find it boring myself.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
All these shows are a fad, and will fade. They have been the best salespeople for Garrett. I hope they got something from Garrett because everybody it seems has an AT Pro and they had alot to do with that.

The shows have been great for the industry and you won't see any dealers knocking the show. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. As for me, I like the YouTube videos much better, due to the fact you can hunt (no pun intended) for the type of detector you have and watch videos on it. Plus it isn't over the top for the most part on there.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
marjam I agree with you 100%. Garrett has several guys planted on Tnet but who cares. Most people can see through the BS and buy what they like anyway.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sucks
They get over excited on common finds. I know it's all about what stimulates the viewers but it doesn't do anything for me.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marjam, I'm with you. These things are fads. Normsel, I don't care about "plants" either. I do watch some of the youtuber videos, however, they are hit and miss and I'm quite tired of hearing OMG.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
There are alot of good hunters on youtube, and a bunch put a lot of effort into doing reviews of equipment, which I find very valuable. It has helped me make choices on detectors to purchase. I have to rely on that for product comparisons as there arent many diggers in my neck of the woods. But I never got any value personally from the diggers show, so I didn't watch many episodes at all. But I wish them the best. They moved to a new network and I don't know how that's going, but they seem like nice fellas and i hope It works out for them. I am just not a fan personally.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a part of the show once but the jumping up and down and waving in the air on that episode did me in. Yes, there are a lot of good hunters on youtube. Almost all of the machine I have purchased I have bought face to face, as there are dealers near me, assuming "near" means 50 miles.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like you marjam I have learned a lot from legit youtube videos. Like you say many guys put a lot of effort into their videos and try to be unbiased. I have seen several videos of comparisons where I knew the out come before the guy finished and I never finished watching it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread