Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen threads on Diggers in the past but never replied because up until this weekend I never watched the show. Saturday I caught two episodes. A few observations... The lingo threw me for little while..nectar...cologne... Ahh ok got it..... Next I've never heard anyone call a plug a clump before seeing the show,, maybe that's a regional thing. I just found that a bit odd. And to be honest, I would have expected better plugs. I get shtick and having catch phrases and all that. But if that's the majority of what you have going for you well you need to bring more to the table.

It's unlikely I will watch it again, not because it's so terrible but because it falls short of its potential to be awesome. It COULD be amazing with all of the places they have access to. It COULD be much more informative and educational. They COULD balance the fun of the hobby with the work this hobby requires. They COULD but they don't. Maybe they could learn something from a show like River Monsters.
They could do all you say if they had wanted to last one season.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they did the show the so called "right way"...even the detectorist crowd would find it boring. Diggers is the only detecting show that has become popular and there is a reason for that...the way it is produced.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they did the show the so called "right way"...even the detectorist crowd would find it boring. Diggers is the only detecting show that has become popular and there is a reason for that...the way it is produced.

Another true statement

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers" threads…Nothing is ever said that hasn't been said 100 times (at least) before!

"Civ"
"Roundness"
"Nectarrrrr!!!":hello2:

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Have you watched savage diggers .They could get ALLMetal Deteceting banned.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250

They got rid of all the ridiculous everyone hates on this past weeks episode detecting Dodge city and I can say I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good I don't think it really matters much anyway ya know

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
they "give over" all they find to the folks that let them "hunt" these otherwise "unhuntible" spots * , thus all they get is "the joy of the find" and a bit of video footage -- like finding a 1916 "d" dime at the old boot hill cem . by "king George"--that the local measum got. * -- so in effect their "digging slaves" for the "local" archies and measum's and landowners .--they get nada but "glory" and film footage out of the deal --yes they act a bit silly at times (it would get very boring rapidly if they didn't do "something but "beep /dig".

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could hunt those places,make those finds I would have no.issue acting anyway lol

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they "give over" all they find to the folks that let them "hunt" these otherwise "unhuntible" spots * , thus all they get is "the joy of the find" and a bit of video footage -- like finding a 1916 "d" dime at the old boot hill cem . by "king George"--that the local measum got. * -- so in effect their "digging slaves" for the "local" archies and measum's and landowners .--they get nada but "glory" and film footage out of the deal --yes they act a bit silly at times (it would get very boring rapidly if they didn't do "something but "beep /dig".

If I remember correctly, didn't that turn out to be a 1918d?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They give over what we see....Just like they only show certain finds. The Show to me is nothing more than a scripted Treasure Hunting show. I dont think the finds are fake, but the dumb shii they say is scripted.

And in reality...How do we know they are Actually giving that over? It could just be part of the show, showing the "Right thing" to do...I will still watch it, and I will still think the guys act like idiots....so I guess the show wins

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will still watch it, and I will still think the guys act like idiots....so I guess the show wins

And that's all they need no matter what anyone thinks about it.

Most everyone here watches it I would assume, and those who hate on it will still watch it too ... we all need to remember "It's A TV Show"!!! What semi-reality show is not somewhat overall scripted? It has to be, that's what TV is and does? Not a damn thing you watch is unscripted unless your watching a nature show ... that's about the only thing on TV you can call "REAL".

We either like it or we don't ... I personally love the show ... it is the single thing that got me back into starting this hobby again after being away from it for over 15 years!

I think though we all should let these "Diggers" threads just die though and move on to the Important threads! LOL :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread