Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers"

Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the episode where Ringy pulls his pants down as he is running from an old homestead to the out house and falls flat on his face when his pants fall down around his ankles. All to illustrate how someone might lose change in a hurry to get to the outhouse after eating too many beans.... Oh Brother!! G'me a break.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And you'll still watch again come next week!!! :laughing7:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heard there's a new type of show coming out that uses people pretending to be someone else.

They might be pretending to be cops or a family but they are just people reading scripts.

Crazy stuff.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't understand the complaint that the content of this show would make anyone think there is ultra riches to be easily found with metal detectors. The potential value of their finds is usually not much. They go through poison ivy, desert heat, ticks, hideous crawl spaces, under spider infested porches...and for what? An old hunk of iron and a broken flat button? That would surely make my want to drop everything else, buy my first metal detector, and sneak onto the nearest National Monument and destroy everything looking for a wheat penny!

I ask everyone I know who does not already detect what they think of this show, and they all say, "Sure is funny how they get so excited over not much". And they usually add something like. "I'm glad it makes them happy because I don't think I could handle all that time and trouble for what little they find".

I have actually found this show to discourage the non detector owners I know, but then I realize that is only my experience.

...Until next time you can find me, 30 minutes a week, happy to be runnin' and gunnin' with KG and the Ringmaster...(OHHH!...I see the roundness!).

Last edited:

Fisher25751

Aug 29, 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M-6, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys work for The National Geographic Society. NatGeo gets the permission to hunt the historical properties, and NatGeo provides archaeologists and makes sure the holes are repaired...Does anyone really think the entities who oversee the preservation of these historical sites would grant permission to a couple average Joes with metal detectors who knock on their doors?

The properties they hunt are what the show is about. Their personalities are what makes the show unique...I fully understand why some folks would find them annoying, but I find them entertaining while I find detecting on Youtube to be excruciatingly boring to the point of downright unwatchable...but to each own...HH

Just remember they might get permission to hunt these historic properties, but with a condition, they don't get to keep any of the artifacts that they find.
Also I keep reading about the little value of the pieces that they find, It shouldn't be about the value but the history behind the piece that you find, this is not a get rich quick hobby, people are helping to preserve history before its lost forever.

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not a snob in anyway but an episode not long ago ...they were calling 45-70 Buffalo Gun bullets ....THREE RINGERS...also another episode they were calling canister and grape shot something else like they had never seen them. where the hell did they get these guys ?

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not a snob in anyway but an episode not long ago ...they were calling 45-70 Buffalo Gun bullets ....THREE RINGERS...also another episode they were calling canister and grape shot something else like they had never seen them. where the hell did they get these guys ?

I think they were discovered on a old try out taping of Americas Got Talent or American Idol , I am not sure ??? :occasion14:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are just regular guys, not experts...they don't claim to be experts. That's one of the reasons the show is so popular.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's all they need no matter what anyone thinks about it.

Most everyone here watches it I would assume, and those who hate on it will still watch it too ... we all need to remember "It's A TV Show"!!! What semi-reality show is not somewhat overall scripted? It has to be, that's what TV is and does? Not a damn thing you watch is unscripted unless your watching a nature show ... that's about the only thing on TV you can call "REAL".

We either like it or we don't ... I personally love the show ... it is the single thing that got me back into starting this hobby again after being away from it for over 15 years!

I think though we all should let these "Diggers" threads just die though and move on to the Important threads! LOL :thumbsup:
Its strange...I cant think of another show that has the people that hate it , keep on watching it. :icon_scratch:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
L

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started this thread and I HAVE NOT kept watching it.
luvsdux

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New episode at 10 pm...running and gunning with K. G. and Ringy!!!!

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
I was thinking they were bad for the hobby but when the Gov of Mississippi calls them to look for artifacts , that's got to be a good thing

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking they were bad for the hobby but when the Gov of Mississippi calls them to look for artifacts , that's got to be a good thing

I don't believe the Governor called them.

I can Believe the Producers contacted people about hunting there & it got pushed
through channels to The Governors office,
for an official Decision & the Governor wanted to be on TV , so he had his people Call Their People &

Well they decided it sounded better to say The Governor Called :laughing7:

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Watched a few shows last night...WORST show ever IMO...Even my 8 year old is asking me whats wrong with these guy..."They act like idiots...They act like they have found a pile of gold every time..."

I Like the guys hunting the metorites much better.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched a few shows last night...WORST show ever IMO...Even my 8 year old is asking me whats wrong with these guy..."They act like idiots...They act like they have found a pile of gold every time..."

although I wouldn't act like that even if I found a long Lost room full of Gold on my own property :tongue3:

Their screaming like Girls is just their way of keeping their show on the Air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread