Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an observation....
I happen to get a kick out of their antics and enjoy watching the program yet I don't feel compelled to talk or post about it..... You say you do not like the show yet you want to talk about the show.
Hmmmm,..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an observation....
I happen to get a kick out of their antics and enjoy watching the program yet I don't feel compelled to talk or post about it..... You say you do not like the show yet you want to talk about the show.
Hmmmm,..

Yet here is a post by you GatorBoy.. Hmmmmm... :laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit watching them just to dream about hunting most of the places they get to hunt! I did bounce off a tree once and kept finding "ROUNDNESS" in every hole just to crack my wife up. :) lighten up everyone we do look pretty ridiculous to non-diggers.

Last edited:

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

You get your own show on National Geographic channel then you can hunt in those place to!!!

Yes they are a bit kookie but it's TV and they are trying to show how "Fun" this hobby can be and hold an audience young and old at heart really.

The show is a GOOD thing for the hobby regardless of what anyone thinks about it ... and you even took the time to create and entire thread to talk about it anf give your thoughts... So YA, the show is working and is doing what it's suppose to do looks like good ro bad. ... "I'ts TV"!!!!

I for one get a kick out of the show and in 100% honesty I am ordering a new detector this week ONLY because I started watching this show recently (It just got me all fired up again and kinda reminded me how Awesomeness it was when I found silver and relic back in the day ... I detected over 15 years ago when I was young and got away form the hobby after a few years then after my daughter was born ... now that I'm older 15+ years later the one and only thing that got me pumped again to start going and finding treasures again was Diggers!!!

So just because you don't have your own NatGeo metal detecting show and have the clout to get into those areas where others can't ... Don't be Jealous!!!

It's a great little show and a Very good thing for the hobby ... respect it.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...The show is a GOOD thing for the hobby regardless of what anyone thinks about it ...

I disagree. I think it is a very bad thing for "the hobby." The more attention we get the harder it becomes to practice our hobby. More and more restrictions, more and more newbie’s digging holes in easily accessible parks and private properties without permission, proper technique or ethics. The only people that profit from these shows are the advertisers and metal detector manufacturers.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. I think it is a very bad thing for "the hobby." The more attention we get the harder it becomes to practice our hobby. More and more restrictions, more and more newbie’s digging holes in easily accessible parks and private properties without permission, proper technique or ethics. The only people that profit from these shows are the advertisers and metal detector manufacturers.
Yep I agree. All these things are doing nothing but hurting the hobby. I think Garrett likes it ok though.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers" threads…Nothing is ever said that hasn't been said 100 times (at least) before!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These guys work for The National Geographic Society. NatGeo gets the permission to hunt the historical properties, and NatGeo provides archaeologists and makes sure the holes are repaired...Does anyone really think the entities who oversee the preservation of these historical sites would grant permission to a couple average Joes with metal detectors who knock on their doors?

The properties they hunt are what the show is about. Their personalities are what makes the show unique...I fully understand why some folks would find them annoying, but I find them entertaining while I find detecting on Youtube to be excruciatingly boring to the point of downright unwatchable...but to each own...HH

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers" threads…Nothing is ever said that hasn't been said 100 times (at least) before!

Obviously lots of folks on both sides of the issue have short memories...such is life.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These guys work for The National Geographic Society. NatGeo gets the permission to hunt the historical properties, and NatGeo provides archaeologists and makes sure the holes are repaired...Does anyone really think the entities who oversee the preservation of these historical sites would grant permission to a couple average Joes with metal detectors who knock on their doors?

The properties they hunt are what the show is about. Their personalities are what makes the show unique...I fully understand why some folks would find them annoying, but I find them entertaining while I find detecting on Youtube to be excruciatingly boring to the point of downright unwatchable...but to each own...HH

^^^ EXACTLY !!! ^^^

And however you want to spin it Diggers is a good show and good for the hobby.

I do not agree with the posts above though for the most part.

It is what it is .... It's A Damn TV Show ... Who cares!

Move On!!!

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One thing can be said for the show, they set very realistic expectations for "this hobby will not make you rich". With carte blanche access to great historical sites, rarely does the value of their individual finds exceed more than a few dollars.

So at least to outsiders who know nothing about metal detecting, the message is "this hobby is more about appreciating history and recovering relics than finding a cache of gold". So say what you will, in my opinion, at least they keep their integrity. (We've seen the other shows where treasure hunters aggressively pursue finds that will result in covering all of their travel and onsite expenses associated with the hunt, and still have a remaining profit to split with the landowner. Just doesn't happen that way for the average person who enjoys this hobby.)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Diggers thread...the show is getting better and better but the ones that don't watch it don't know that...Im glad I have a detecting show to watch every week...sure beats coming on here and bashing a show that I don't even watch. :tongue3:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet here is a post by you GatorBoy.. Hmmmmm... :laughing7:

Its a downward spiral ain't it.... tag you're it...:-)
I must admit I was out just the other day for probably 10 hours by the end of that time my legs where so beat that I was seriously contemplating not bending down and digging quite a few targets... By that point being tired had made me a bit punchy and I was saying out loud to myself.. "So I get down..."..like K.G. just 2 lighten up the mood a little and keep me going.
I wound up finding some old gold that day so thank you KG

Last edited:

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish people would quit throwing darts at the diggers!! They have been metal detecting for almost 30 years & it's obvious their passion will never be understood by many. Want to talk about a program that shouldn't be on tv, start a thread & title it ( Rachael Maddox ).

Luv2fishcb

Feb 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the bright side there will be a lot of people buying metal detectors because of the show that will be for sale up on Craiglist after a couple of weeks. You might be able to upgrade at a good price. :hello2:

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, gets a little old sometimes when they say civ, nector etc. but I love seeing the places they hunt that we never would be able too.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

I 100% agree.

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather watch Diggers than some adult cartoon...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Exactly. The one thing I don't want is everyone's attention when I'm detecting, and if someone yells " roundness in the hole " at me, my first impulse would be to smack them, but I won't because that would reflect poorly on the hobby...but I would really want to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread