Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather cooperated today, sunshine and mid-sixties, ground a little wetand hard to dig in the old gumbo clay around here. I was working a small park a block from my house behind the outdoor basketball goal. Got a beep indicating foil or 1 cent on the scale of my BH Land Ranger. I noticed there was also a deep tone right next to it that registered 52 on the scale....not even sure what the scale is in relation to as I am that new. I got out my trusty garden trowel with sharpened edges and dug down about an inch and found a 1975 penny, thought what the heck and widened the hole where I had the low tone. Out came a link of gold chain and I kept pulling and when it all came out it was 15" long and stamped 14k! I could hardly believe my eyes! When I left the house I told the wife I would have to hurry up if I was going to find her a ring for valentine day. Hope she will like the gold chain necklace as much. As you might have guessed, the clasp was broken on it otherwise it looks new. Wahoo! Will success spoil me? I hope not. I only wish I had a camera so I could takae a picture and post it.

Upvote 0

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Way to go!!!? Just goes to show you how double targets can be VERY fun!? Wonder
how many other folks ID'd the penny and said 'nah' and moved on!

Good work!

Zommbee

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you Double Check the Hole ? odds are you got the Signal off a Charm, as Gold Chains are Very hard to detect alone. ANY WAY ; Congrats !

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, didn'tlook for a charm as it was the wide flat gold type that you really can't put a charm on very easily.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is probably Why you got the Signal then. Cause of it being flat. Either that or B.H. is better then most detectors for gold chains :) That first gold is always the COOLEST Too .

F

foolserrand

Congrats! :)

Gold chains are hard as heck to find!

Never found one myself.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Only luck finding gold chains was on the beach of florida. Digging every signal no matter how week. found three in an hour along with 4 earrings and 2 diamond cluster rings

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the well wishes. I went out the next day to what I thought would be a really good area ( house demolition site) and got skunked! How ironic is that? But I'll keep diggin'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread