Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
NORFOLK WOLF'S detector test's

I went on youtube to see some of NORFOLK WOLF detector test and … The Garretts GTI detectors did great , so did the Minelab Sovereign And the Fishers f75 …….Now the Whites XLT was ok as was the Tesoro lobo super Trac ……And the Whites DFX had a bad showing .. So i guess there will be no , DFX , bought by me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please elaborate, what were they testing for? Results ?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Please elaborate, what were they testing for? Results ?
..Sorry i thought every one knew of Norfolk Wolf and the kind of tests he does… An i thought every one watched his test on youtube...Norfolk has been around for so long ..But he passed away think in 2011 Just go in to youtube and type in .. Whites metal detector DFX test Norfolk Wolf … Or just type in his name ..Norfolk Wolf ..An you will see different brands come up he runs a test on...

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..Sorry i thought every one knew of Norfolk Wolf and the kind of tests he does... An i thought every one watched his test on youtube...Norfolk has been around for so long ..But he passed away think in 2011 Just go in to youtube and type in .. Whites metal detector DFX test Norfolk Wolf ... Or just type in his name ..Norfolk Wolf ..An you will see different brands come up he runs a test on...

Oh okay ty!

ScrugneysGunDogs

Apr 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I just watched it. That was a very misleading test. He used the factory program and did not tweak any settings. With a few adjustments, the DFX would have done WAY better on that test. In the first part, he was testing against UK coins. The factory settings are for US coins. In the second part, the recovery delay is adjustable and it depends on your swing speed. Instead of moving the coins apart, he should have adjusted the recovery delay until it read both targets at the speed he swung the detector.
I'm just saying...

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plead guilty to being a skeptic, but I take all tests that I have no hand in, nor chance to duplicate myself as questionable.
luvsdux

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congradulations to S.GunDogs and luvsdux. More in the U.S. saw through his tests than those in the U.K. "Bounty Hunter" said when the tests started to come out "I don't approve of his manner of testing. He doesn't use the recommended settings with the detectors he checks- there is a proper setup to use in the presence of iron, he doesn't use these proper settings. There is not a universal sweep speed. N.W.'s tests should be avoided when basing ones appreciation of a detector. I prefer those who have a hollistic approach when evaluating."

When XP detectors started getting a following he asked me why I had bought a detector from a "here today, gone tomorrow French company" (they had been in business about ten years by this time !). When the detector dealer who supplied his machines took over the import from the original importer they were suddenly the worlds greatest.
He had lots of funny ideas "it is wrongly assumed ....that increasing the discrimination level will result in loss of depth" and would mark down detectors that sounded off when in use though the cure was just to attach the coil cable to the shaft (as mentioned in the first few pages of most, if not all detector manuals). Check videos or detecting magazine pictures and more often than not he's got a foot of wire swinging behind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread