Detecting permission/ or not on land for sale

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
There are some old farm properties near me . Where there are 100's of acres of land for sale. The only houses on the land look so derelict that it's hard to imagine they could be occupied. Curtains blowing out broken windows. Junkers rusting out in the yard. The signs for the property have been up so long they are falling down n barley readable. If I avoid the house ( because if it is inhabited , it's not by anyone I'd want to run Into ) and stick to further away fields do I really have to ask permission?
I've done the route of calling the realtors on such properties and get a blank answer . Basically an answer that sounds like " why are you bothering me with this ?" And without even saying it, no is implied.
The land will go to developers. , who couldn't give a damn about history. So would it still be like I wAs stealing? It's just such a waste to not try to save some history.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MissIron.Maiden

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
Maiden .. I speed at times also but there are some that think they are God and never do wrong well they want to look good for every one so they always say they never did any thing wrong :angel2: They are just angel's
I noticed it got quickly personal... Lol.

Rangerbb

Jan 25, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of time you've wasted talking about this place...someone on here has probably already hit it lol

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you see people coming on here bragging they broke the speed limit?
No, most people break the speed limit and KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES.
I couldn't give a flying :censored: what you do in your world.
Do you really have to come on the internet and tell all about how you think it's o.k. to break the law?
100,000 viewing here and you have NO conscious whatsoever about leaving the wrong impression?
"......Let no one know what, were (where) or when...."
No one bragged about anything on this thread...you don't care what someone else does?...sure could have fooled me with that little display.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have hunted a few spots without asking I REFUSE to do it anymore....had 1 bad experience with a new land owner who prolly should be medicated.
And when I did hunt these couple of spots I was always looking over my shoulder at every twig that snapped or vehicle that drove by...just absolutely no fun. These spots were no houses .....just woods...but all in all ..it just isn,t any fun.

If you do go there you will find yourself doing the same thing...jumping at every vehicle that goes by etc....

Things are much different then they were 30 years ago....neighbourhoods aren,t as friendly as they once were....todays world is wound tight.

Last edited:

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have hunted a few spots without asking I REFUSE to do it anymore....had 1 bad experience with a new land owner who prolly should be medicated. And when I did hunt these couple of spots I was always looking over my shoulder at every twig that snapped or vehicle that drove by...just absolutely no fun. These spots were no houses .....just woods...but all in all ..it just isn,t any fun. If you do go there you will find yourself doing the same thing...jumping at every vehicle that goes by etc.... Things are much different then they were 30 years ago....neighbourhoods aren,t as friendly as they once were....todays world is wound tight.

You are right. I always have that underlying tension and stress when I have hunted on questionable property. Definitely not the relaxed environment that makes this hobby so great. I think I am finished too.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. I always have that underlying tension and stress when I have hunted on questionable property. Definitely not the relaxed environment that makes this hobby so great. I think I am finished too.

The great thing about this hobby is the relaxation ...my mind thinks of nothing else...all troubles disappear...so worrying about getting in trouble just doesn,t fit in.

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The great thing about this hobby is the relaxation ...my mind thinks of nothing else...all troubles disappear...so worrying about getting in trouble just doesn,t fit in.

Definitely. I cannot believe how time flys when Im detecting.

Sevenbeans

Apr 1, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the area I live (very rural, lots of forrest and farmland) unless a property is posted no trespassing for any reason/without permission etc. etc. it's common knowledge and practice that people are welcome to hunt and fish on the property. I'm not sure why people would view detecting any differently??

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...... I'm not sure why people would view detecting any differently??

good question! I think it's just the psychological reaction after people read stories of people catching grief, getting booted, etc... No matter HOW remote, no matter HOW far away, yet .... the human mind says "gee, I don't want to get in trouble". It has a lot to do with people's caution levels, for that matter. For example: my wife has an extremely high caution level. So for example, if she watches a TV new documentary on identity theft, she'll be convinced that ID theft is everywhere and we need to take immediate precautions, etc.... Or any other sort of ill to befall someone, all of the sudden, it seems to become imminent that "it may happen to us".

But I agree with you: since when is detecting somehow inherently evil that everyone's looking to dis-like it ? I find it quite the opposite most of the time: people coming up to ask what's the best thing you've ever found, where can they buy one, how deep does it go, and so forth.

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking to me? Settle down over there. I'm sorry you think it's ok to lie to make yourself look better , but I don't live by that. And yes I do speed. I do an average of 15 mph over the speed limit at all times . Apparently you do care what I do in my world , cause you sound like your going to pee yourself about it.

Did you come up with the speeding analogy? Is the red hi-lighted signature yours? No Holly, I wasn't talking to you.
Lying to make myself sound better? :icon_scratch: What are you referring to?
The first story I said "let me paint a scenario." The second story was true.
I'm tired of seeing thread after thread of people suggesting that it's O.K. to trespass.
Does no one see past their nose? Can you not understand that this sentiment is harmful to the overall image of our hobby?
If someone trespasses in their world then that's an isolated event but come on the internet with their "authorization" and the potential damage is much greater.
These are permanent words that everyone will view for years to come.
Don't worry I'm absolutely done with this topic!
Having morals is not welcomed here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep it civil, and post by rules.... (Directed at anyone it applies to....)

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread