Garret ACE 350 Question

Sep 18, 2011
Does anybody phone Garrett Ace 350? Here's a question, I noticed that on my property which is a relatively small lot I get intermittent signals. This appears to be common near small metal fences, we also have lightposts near our property. As we step away from the fences, the signals appear to be normal. Also, I was detecting today during 40 MPH winds. It seems that during some of the gusts, the detector would chatter even though the coil was nowhere near the ground. Is this in your opinion, common?

Upvote 0

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Make sure the intermittent tones aren't from a target jumping in and out of what you are discriminating. Typical yards have tons of nails, foil, aluminum in them.

Secondly with the 350s coil you will get tones every now and then if you are withing a couple feet of a metal fence. Around 2 ft or so.

As for tones when the coil is in the air. Unless you have a loose connection it is Electro magnetical interference. EMI for short. Try lowering your sensitivity

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites classic 3 SL with the mr.Bill mods. and it does the same thing. Mr Bill mods. say to get the most out of the Classic 3 the sensitivity should be sit at about the 3 o,clock sitting and I get a lot of chatter with that, but turning it down don't you lose depth..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try backing the sens down and taking advantage of coil shape. I have worked closer to steel posts before but in normal open area type mode(s) settings for coin and jewelry a foot is close enough to get a coin hit off steel from side and if steel is above. The rare emi is a chatter and curser runs up and down the scale nonstop even if detector is laying on ground. Sometimes it won,t quit till power is shut off and restarted and sens reduced before sweeping again. You can get closer with some practice tweaking settings .
Might check coil cable direction of first wrap onto shaft from coil and be sure cable does not move in that area when swinging or windblown.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread