am I the only african American that metal detects?

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you missed my point.
I think you missed my point. I'm American with Irish blood. I was born in America That makes me American and nothing else. I have never been to Ireland just like most blanks have never been to Africa.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Junkhunt, please keep politics out of
forum.

The only way he could be both is if he has dual citizenship between American and Africa. And needs to put America first is he calls America home.

I think you missed my point. I'm American with Irish blood. I was born in America That makes me American and nothing else. I have never been to Ireland just like most blanks have never been to Africa.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only way he could be both is if he has dual citizenship between American and Africa. And needs to put America first is he calls America home.

it is amazing how many people lately think they know what other people ought to think and act

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer the original post - no you are not.

But the true answer here is - It does not matter, it is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the hobby.
It's kind of a shame that it is coming up here on T-net - as I come here to escape this stuff.

There are only two types of people in this world - you're either (A) a good person or (B) a bad person.
I don't care what color your clothes are, nor the color of your skin under that.

Every Detectorist I have come across, has been a type (A) in all shapes, sizes and creeds.
So, say hello to everyone you meet and dig every target you hit.....and cover your holes please.

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a MARSOC, (special forces). Let me just say this. We don’t see color, creed, religion or where someone’s from. We see family. Brothers with the same calling and common goals. To watch each other’s 6, take out the trash, and bring everyone home. That’s all we see. Don’t have time or need for peoples heritage, background, beliefs. Anything else will get you killed. I’d die protecting any of my brothers no matter their color. We are all the same color on the inside! Blood Red! And anytime I see a brother Marine bleed, it means we let them down.

Jesus died for all.........

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I just read this whole thread.:laughing7:

After reading it? He asked a simple question. To some of the people of the thread..Geeeez...Who the heck cares what he want's to call himself to describe his difference. Everyone knows what was meant. And no S%$T we are all Americans. But we all have differences and need words to describe those, nothing wrong with that. Skin color,Hair color, eye color,etc... Nothing wrong with using whatever word you feel like to describe those for yourself. My problem is I don't know the correct word this month for some groups or people everything is "offensive" today.:laughing7: I'm sick of the topic! :laughing7:

To answer the question? I have no clue, right now I can't ever remember seeing another black(or whatever the PC word is today) guy detect. Usually where I go I don't see many other detectorists(?)......I've only seen about 10 white guys 1 white girl(my wife)detect the whole time I've been detecting in 20 some years and 4 of those were friends and family.:laughing7:

If a real hot girl posted a pic and said "am I the only hot girl American that detects?"
I'll bet the answers to the thread would have been much different! Same idea!!!!! "no, your not a hot blonde girl, your an American. Your not a girl either, your just an American...................." Ya, I'll bet that's how that would go! Sure! Ok!

Last edited:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NLEET22, Tell your little woman that we are all about different colors, here is an invite for you to come to Oregon and Hunt Nuggets with me, a big Ol White guy, would be glad to have you.
A Favorite Lady friend(Black and knockout Beautiful) shoots FAL rifles with a bunch of us Men and Holds her own at 60+ years, a Buddy that rides Harleys with me is Blacker than his bike, Heck of a great guy I trust with my life, a Brother.

Most of the few times I have seen a Black man Detect have been when they are detecting through a MINE FIELD, That IS serious detecting.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you got a Garrett Ace 250! That's a good start. You got a girl friend too, that's excellent. Now keep trying see if you can make the banner.

9volt

Nov 2, 2006
south carolina
Detector(s) used
Explorer.SE
IMG_20140816_181619.jpg
Yeah I love this hobby ...I don't care about race just wanted to prove her wrong...lol

well now you can...this is a pic of my best friend detecting an old scout camp back in illinois

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that that's kinda odd thing to say at least from my point of view I live in Ann Arbor Michigan and I rarely see anyone metal detecting. Have fun start finding the gold rings and she will soon get one.. My wife and girls take all mine RRRRRRRHHH Thanks for the interesting post!!!!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most weekday when I hunt, I think dam, am I the only guy that detects any more?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I only remember seeing one other guy metal detecting, and I only know two people who metal detect. I live in NH where there isn't much diversity though. I don't care what someone looks like, as long as they are a good person and/or metal detecting buddy, that is all that matters to me.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to see how this evolved into a 3 year, 14 page thread without success, only made it a couple pages.

I personally have never seen a black guy detecting, rarely see females either.
It is a hobby dominated by white males IMO, exactly why I'm not going to speculate and actually, don't really care.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've only seen black detectives, but I've never seen any black detectorists.

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen any where i live in Northern Ireland, then again i could probably count on 1 hand how many different black folk i've seen living here until the last 10yrs, i think there's only one black family in my town.
I guess i was in my 30's before i ever met a black person, we had a lot of shooting/bombing etc in the 60'-70's-80's, not a lot of folk wanted to up sticks and emigrate to here back then lol, it's like we've been stuck in a 50yr time warp, a small backwater of intolerance against almost anything, gay's, immigrants, Muslim's etc etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread