am I the only african American that metal detects?

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 14

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have friends, mostly x-military that are black and avid detecorists. About 8 years ago I gave some instruction to 3 Jamaicans over a weekend. Vague memories of that one. I'll grant you that I don't see many, but they do exists. As for YouTube, check out "TexasTigerDigs".

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting, I've never actually thought about that before. I watch quite a bit of youtube and detecting vids and I think your girlfriend is right.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not until your wife wacks ya in the head with your detector :laughing7:

Just make sure she's not of Viking ancestry!
They're genetically superior are "clubbing" you in the head!

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just saw this post in Active Posts. Please don't take any offense in what I say, BUT! I really appreciate and respect you a whole bunch not hyphenating. I hate when they say African- American , Mexican- American, blah blah blah! Thank you! You are an American. Do I know any colored metal detectorist? No, there was a fella at Gold Basin, AZ that drywashed for gold, worked his butt off and heard he did well.
I don't do coins or relics much, I like looking for gold. If ever out this way, sounds like you'd be more than welcome in my camp. Merry Christmas!

Damnit! Just noticed you did! Don't do it again! You're an American or not. Want to use an adjective, black, white, tired, dirty, crazy for digging in the dirt, whatever.

Last edited:

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm white and have a black metal detector! Now I'm wondering if they make them in white. Lol. If your girlfriend goes with you is she the only black female? (If she is black.) Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Feliz Navidad! All the same to me! Peace!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just saw this post in Active Posts. Please don't take any offense in what I say, BUT! I really appreciate and respect you a whole bunch not hyphenating. I hate when they say African- American , Mexican- American, blah blah blah! Thank you! You are an American. Do I know any colored metal detectorist? No, there was a fella at Gold Basin, AZ that drywashed for gold, worked his butt off and heard he did well.
I don't do coins or relics much, I like looking for gold. If ever out this way, sounds like you'd be more than welcome in my camp. Merry Christmas!

Damnit! Just noticed you did! Don't do it again! You're an American or not. Want to use an adjective, black, white, tired, dirty, crazy for digging in the dirt, whatever.

I'm an American Scottish decent,or should I say Scotti American???

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't know about the black MD'ing question by the O.P. but I can tell you this.... Let me find a $5.00 gold piece in one of my horseshoe dug holes and I'll PROVE that white men CAN jump! Even @ 60, fat and slow I'll still prove it!!!

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Black detectorists lives matter:laughing7:

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Televisions became racist in 1954 when the first 15" "color" TVs were sold.:laughing7: Side note: Amazingly, according to FBI statistics, the number one object on a list of weapons used in a violent or hate crime is the baseball bat. That's right, the baseball bat. Ironically, the Confederate flag which has been basically banned wasn't on that FBI list:icon_scratch:. Just another form of racism and bigotry at work in America:thumbsup:

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
We are all earthlings.

...From this universe

(Martians Included!) I will never stop fighting for Martian Rights! Martians are treated so poorly that no one even knows they are here, some even deny their existence!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread