FOUND Spanish Cob near Ponce Inlet last week.

TreasureKev

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-2517314305.jpg
    image-2517314305.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 200
  • image-3857664245.jpg
    image-3857664245.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 1

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this spanish cob 8 reale at Ponce Inlet last weekend. Did some electrolasis to it and brought it up to this condition. It dates to 1703 and the back is hardly readable but was able to get it dated. My second one in two years.

Very nice!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd LOVE to find one like that!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! So, this was in the water?

OP
OP
T

TreasureKev

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! So, this was in the water?
....No......it was found in sand on the beach about 7 inches down. It is ilegal to hunt in the water with a metal detector....you should know that and if you dont then you'd be in BIG trouble. : )

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....No......it was found in sand on the beach about 7 inches down. It is ilegal to hunt in the water with a metal detector....you should know that and if you dont then you'd be in BIG trouble. : )

Did not know it was illegal to detect in the water. Have never heard that. I have only detected once on the beach in FL, while on vacation. But, I see people on you tube, and even on diggers hunting in the water, at least up to their knees. So, what are the rules?

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure that's it's illegal to hunt in all waters off the coast. I thought it was only illegal to hunt in the water within the salvage right areas. There are so many shipwrecks along the coast that it might very well be impossible to not be illegal in the water. I do know you better know what your doing or lose your equipment, fines and possibly cost you your vehicle. Not sure a cob is worth all that.

OP
OP
T

TreasureKev

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure that's it's illegal to hunt in all waters off the coast. I thought it was only illegal to hunt in the water within the salvage right areas. There are so many shipwrecks along the coast that it might very well be impossible to not be illegal in the water. I do know you better know what your doing or lose your equipment, fines and possibly cost you your vehicle. Not sure a cob is worth all that.

As I previously mentioned, this was found on the beach in 7 inches of sand....in Florida it is legal to hunt most beaches from low tide mark to high tide mark but not in the water. I dont see how your comment about "Not sure a cob is worth all that" makes any sense. If the cob were found IN the water and not on the beach then your last comment would make sense....but in the context of my original statement it doesnt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread