Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; BARKER here. I Posted a response earlier today on the other same thread. It says that I am about to receive a lot of material that lists every Law ever passed in MA banning detecting along with the Authors full info such as Name, address, email address, phone numbers etc. I will dissect this info and Post it as I get it ok. That way we can go after these mice in their own territory. There is NO LAW that is not Repealable. I plan to do exactly that. Repeal them all. Stay tuned Folks. We're just getting started here ok. Thanks to everyone for all your support. If you have any direct questions please contact Roger Barbrick at :
[email protected] ok.

Lets keep up the good fight. Coilygirl and Msbeepbeep. Great Job. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ty for the work buddy! Keep up the fight!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: Roger Barbrick the original poster of the petition has requested a face to face meeting with the DCR commissioner to discuss the banning of MD'ing on the beaches. We don't have a response yet but when we get one (hopefully) the more people that can attend the meeting the better! When we get a date word needs to spread fast.

Thanks to Roger, BARKER, CoilyGirl , and all who have signed and are supporting the MD'ing community in this fight!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: Roger met with an official of the commissioners they will suspend the law until there has been a face to face meeting with the commissioner. Ron will post date and time of the meeting when he gets them. Mean while he is getting letters of support from all the Harbor Masters in the entire state and has called on MD dealers and others for support in this battle.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report from Ron: the DCR is suspending the MD'ing law until there has been a formal face to face with Roger, Ron, and the MD'ng community (us) who show up for the meeting. There will be a review and revision at that time to to take into consideration everyone's concerns. They have gotten an "overwhelming" amount of communication from us, the metal detecting community- (MDC)! They have heard us! Roger, Ron and all involved THANK ALL OF YOU for your help and support in this, this would not have happened with out you!!!
Ron will pass along up dates as he gets them.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger posted a meeting up date on move on . org. If any one can copy it and post it here please do, my condensed version in the "general" forum.

Thanks to all who are helping it is much appreciated and needed. We still need to keep the pressure on, they maybe just waiting for us to blink!

catman04

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw 2 - hoping to buy a better one with greater depth this summer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
SIGNED & posted to my Facebook page.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much!

For those of you requesting this info.
Here is the phone # for the DCR. 1-617-626-1250.
And e-mail- www.gov/DCR
A little added pressure doesn't hurt!

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is just out of hand!! They are doing the same thing here in NE Ohio. They act like it's a crime! Here is part of the "Permit"
They have banned it at the largest & best beach! We need help all over, I guess?

: Please read the following carefully. Any questions should be directed to the Special Events & Experiences
Division at 216-635-3200.
Metal detecting is not permitted in:
Lakefront Reservation (Edgewater Park, East 55th Street Marina, and Gordon Park), Euclid Creek
Reservation (Euclid Beach Park, Villa Angela Park, Wildwood Park), and Acacia Reservation.
Permission to metal detect in Cleveland Metroparks is granted for surface-mining only. Digging is strictly
prohibited, except in beach areas (Huntington Beach, Wallace Lake, and Hinckley Spillway area only),
where metal detecting is permitted during the non-swimming season only (after Labor Day and before
Memorial Day weekend). Holes created in beach areas are to be no deeper than 12 inches and are to be
filled in immediately upon completion of the dig.

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
995138_656618021016757_1883691285_n.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THERE'S. HOPE!!!!
We just heard back from the DCR on beach detecting here in Mass. They have decided we can continue detecting the beaches and not have to ask for permission!
They also said we can look for specific lost personal items in DCR parks for people, with Ranger permission.
Guess they figured we're good for something

It's not easy doing battle with the powers that be to hang on your freedoms, but you've got to fight!
You need to have someone who is knowledgeable with how the laws work in your state to help you figure out what you can do about it, then you need the voices of the masses to back you on it. You need o become the very squeaky wheel, a thorn in their side, till they figure it's not worth all the backlash!

All our best to you in the battle, and what ever we can do to help let us know.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They will be back after it. Just give it some time...
At least everything is good right now. Good work everyone!

sent from a potato...

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread