Sign petition against stopping metal detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their are only so many good land sites. Lets say 5 where I live. Over the years a few kids get ideas of detecting these sites. Then those 5 sites are distroyed. Their is so much stuff out their. They don't have time to get to it all now. Why is the national seashore closed to detecting? Yet the town beaches that are in the national seashore are open for detecting if you pay the beach fee durning the summer. It seems these parks have all the best land allready. Start working it. With this said. I think leave detecting alone or make good rules that apply to everyone.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Their are only so many good land sites. Lets say 5 where I live. Over the years a few kids get ideas of detecting these sites. Then those 5 sites are distroyed. Their is so much stuff out their. They don't have time to get to it all now. Why is the national seashore closed to detecting? Yet the town beaches that are in the national seashore are open for detecting if you pay the beach fee durning the summer. It seems these parks have all the best land allready. Start working it. With this said. I think leave detecting alone or make good rules that apply to everyone.

Why regulate detecting at all? This is all about govt. control...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didn't bother them before when we were detecting, so what has changed, besides a power grab? :icon_scratch:

I don't know what it is about a metal detector that bothers some people, maybe we should do a scientific study and find out!
Is it because they were first used to find land mines? Or because it has the capability of finding the ton of gold & silver treasure that lies under every square inch of soil? :treasurechest: :laughing7:
2 people can bend down and pick up a dime but the one holding a detector gets frowned upon for doing it. Somehow their intentions are evil because they hold the magic wand! :metaldetector:
Don't mind me, it's been a long winter. :BangHead:

Last edited:

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your problem digging in the sand is easy not destroying any thing holes are easily filled and most detectorists remove the small sharp things that would put a hole in a childs foot. You should be thanking any detectorist for removing this hazard to your our your childs feet. Saveing you a trip to the er can ruin a day at the beach..

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how much lost money, jewels, gold, silver and platinum we recycle back into the system each year? Why would anybody be against metal detecting?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I wonder how much lost money, jewels, gold, silver and platinum we recycle back into the system each year? Why would anybody be against metal detecting?

Because you can "harm the cultural heritage". Shame on you for finding that old coin, at the expense of all future generations. Who now can never find out about their past. Tsk tsk .

Or because of "collect and harvest" laws. I mean, in the same way it's not right for you to back up your truck to the park and "help yourself" to the picnic tables, sink in the bathrooms, etc... to take home. Why are you any-more-allowed, therefore, to go there and take coins and rings "for your own personal enrichment" at the public's expense ? tsk tsk.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone give a quick status update. Has the law been officially passed?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Can someone give a quick status update. Has the law been officially passed?

It's dead. It's not a threat anymore. Rescinded, never progressed, or whatever. See posts: 47 , 48, 57, & 63.

Oddly though, this keeps getting signatures and "everybody riled up" . Kind of reminds me of an urban legend started in the 1960s or '70s, on how, supposedly athiest activist Madalyn Murray O'hair was going to get "In God we Trust" off the American dollar bill. Or something like "all religious media (radio , television, etc...) to be forbidden, blah blah... And in order to stop this from passing, you had to "sign this petition". The petitions circulated FOR DECADES, even though no such thing was even true anymore. It's an urban legend, that continues to garner signatures.

So maybe the O.P. Can put this to rest once for all, and put that in the title of the thread now or something ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have rescinded the law, we can detect on Mass. DCR beaches. It still has to be approved by a board of some kind so we will be watching, closely.

I am locking thread, if need be it can be reopened..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions