Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SIGNED......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Signed...

sent from a potato...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signed. I can imagine why they would want to ban it. What is getting harmed by detecting a beach? Are we visual pollution or something?? :dontknow:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Signed. I can imagine why they would want to ban it. What is getting harmed by detecting a beach? Are we visual pollution or something?? :dontknow:

Only some are visual pollution... Lol some bent over digging a target might be flashing a full moon!!

Seriously its about control...

sent from a potato...

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signed it! The only thing that makes sense is: this is not an attempt to ban detecting altogether but a precursor to a beach detecting tax... Massachusetts took the stand for no taxation without representation and this is yet another workaround! After all those of us that visit and bring in tourist $ have no representation there!

Last edited:

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
I signed the petition with the following comment.
I vacation in Massachusetts and I always bring my metal detector to detect your beaches. I am signing this petition in an attempt to keep your beaches and my tourist $$$$ coming to your state. If your beaches are closed to metal detecting my tourist dollars will go elsewhere! Love your state, please keep your beaches open to metal detecting!!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Coily, I hunt in MA every year and signed the petition although I haven't hunted state owned beaches there. I just hate to give my e-mail to these organizations and believe they should be happy with my name and address. I hope I won't have to fight through tons of spam for doing so.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Coily, I hunt in MA every year and signed the petition although I haven't hunted state owned beaches there. I just hate to give my e-mail to these organizations and believe they should be happy with my name and address. I hope I won't have to fight through tons of spam for doing so.
I hear ya Gunsil.I did just receive an email from the originator of the petition and here it what was said below this post. I can agree with him that once the ball gets rolling metal detecting might be banned in other places as well which would be a shame. Read reply below....

First I'd like to thank everyone that has signed and shared my petition regarding the banning of metal detecting on Massachusetts DCR run beaches.
Apparently there were public hearings held in 2013 regarding the changing of regulations as they pertain to property operated by Mass DCR (Dept. of Conservation & Recreation). I was not aware of these meetings or changes, therefore i wasn't able to attend or attempt to address it at that time.

So when I was told on the beach that "things are changing" and metal detecting is no longer allowed, I felt the need to do something. I decided to start a petition to see what kind of response I could get to try and fight this "change' in the rules for beach metal detecting. as of this email writing there are 469 signatures but I hope to have at least 1,000 signatures before attempting to hand it over to the DCR Commissioner.

There is also the concern that the petition will draw attention to beach metal detecting or detecting as a whole and cause more problems. This I'm not sure about, to me there is clearly going to be a ban on metal detecting DCR beaches in Mass because that DCR Ranger that approached me was adament about it and walked a long way to tell me. He also told me there was a "meeting" and Rangers were ordered to enforce this.

So, my feeling is that I wait to get at least 1,000 signatures and I will continue to detect those beaches and see what happens. I know there are a couple others that I know that will continue to detect those beaches and will let me know if they are ordered to leave and/or ticketed.

I don't want to 'open a can of worms" but at the same time I don't want to lose the right to beach metal detect. What will be next, parks and woodlands?

Please keep sharing and encouraging others to sign the petition, even if they don't live in Massachusetts. People do come from other states to vacation and metel detect. massachusetts has some of the oldest and historic beaches in the USA. Help me preserve our right to engage in our hobby of metal detecting in Massachusetts.

Thank you

Roger Barbrick

Concerned detectorist

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed it but I sure had a hard time convincing my right finger to click on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread