MDing in Twin Cities - MN

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
MD'ing in Twin Cities - MN

Hey Ya'll,

I'm thinking about getting into MD'ing. I have not bought my 'tector yet but am curious if anyone can tell me what is/isnt legal to 'tect in my area. I live in the south metro area and would appreciate any tips. I am planning to consult some local campgrounds that aren't inside state lands, etc.

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. Minneapolis and St. Paul city parks are okay to land detect. Ditto for Hennepin county parks. Ramsey county requires a free permit for land or water hunting. Restrictions on water hunting in Minneapolis parks in the summer. And no hunting at all in Three Rivers Parks.

gopher State treasure hunters is a local club, and highly recommended for new hunters.

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Great info, thanks for sharing. What gear do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info, thanks for sharing. What gear do you have?

Xterra 705, Vaquero as back up land detector. Tiger Shark for water hunting. Plus Propointer of course and Lesche digger.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. Minneapolis and St. Paul city parks are okay to land detect. Ditto for Hennepin county parks. Ramsey county requires a free permit for land or water hunting. Restrictions on water hunting in Minneapolis parks in the summer. And no hunting at all in Three Rivers Parks.

gopher State treasure hunters is a local club, and highly recommended for new hunters.
What kind of "restrictions" are on water hunting in the summer? Unless you use a chainsaw, how would you hunt the lakes in the winter?? :laughing7:

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to MD Nakomis and Calhoun lakes and for desert the lake of isles.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of "restrictions" are on water hunting in the summer? Unless you use a chainsaw, how would you hunt the lakes in the winter?? :laughing7:

In city of Minneapolis, you can't water hunt from June-August. While our winters are long, there are a still a few months, albeit cold ones that are not technically winter.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, just those 3 months. Sounds like a complete ban rather than a restriction. Any explanation as to why? Disturbing the mosquito breading season? :laughing7: Sept. 1st sounds like a good day to hunt the swimming beaches! :occasion14: I'll have to plan my family visits accordingly!

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Oh, just those 3 months. Sounds like a complete ban rather than a restriction. Any explanation as to why? Disturbing the mosquito breading season? :laughing7: Sept. 1st sounds like a good day to hunt the swimming beaches! :occasion14: I'll have to plan my family visits accordingly!

" dear family, I am treasure hunting this weekend. Please do not visit"

Haha I love it!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I'd be on the other end of the phone call. I'd be asking to visit for a while.....but just not the first couple of days after I arrive! It might a difficult conversation....."hello? Hi Auntie, can you pick me up a the airport and drop me off at the lake?" :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions