image-574610873.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0
OP
OP
shanemcn

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
Nice nickel! Looks like it has a good readable date!
1937 is an interesting year for a buffalo nickel , some had 3 legs on the buffalo - worth some bucks , no such luck for this one though, still nice and my first buffalo

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
shanemcm, thanx for sharing. Yeah a lot of md'rs do those strips. Especially if they're in front of places where busy-body lookie-lous aren't likely to object. Eg.: in front of apartments, or along commercial or industrial/commercial type neighborhoods, etc...

Love the pix ! And don't ya just love those earlier emerald green wheaties with the zits? They wouldn't be half as fun if they came out of the ground candy-apple clean, now would they ?? haha

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had good luck with curb strips, it's where the 1858 quarter on my avatar came from.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds.

The last few day I have been hitting a sidewalk redo at an old school. EVERYBODY said that the place was hunted out and that I was wasting my time. In about 6 total hours of hunting I found 2 silver Rosies, a Merc and 3 wheaties, oldest wheatie was a 1930. For me, that is an awesome "find rate".

OP
OP
shanemcn

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
Very nice finds. The last few day I have been hitting a sidewalk redo at an old school. EVERYBODY said that the place was hunted out and that I was wasting my time. In about 6 total hours of hunting I found 2 silver Rosies, a Merc and 3 wheaties, oldest wheatie was a 1930. For me, that is an awesome "find rate".
Awesome , I believe those strips have been overlooked , I didn't find much of anything old until I hit them, can't wait to get to the next one.

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been eyeballin' some grassy strips and wondering if they might be good spots to hunt. I swung my coil over one such spot. It was a strip in front of an old movie theater that is now a bar/nightclub. Was so full of trash, pull tabs, bottle tops and what not, that I was kinda turned off from hunting any more such strips. After reading the posts in this thread I think I will give it a go again. Maybe this time pick a location that likely has less trash (not in front of a bar/nightclub). Thanks for the posts, you all have encouraged me to try "strip mining" again. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread