Almost a waste of time, but not quite

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a few hours to detect near a couple old buildings today hoping for a silver coin of some kind.

I found nothing but a few brass handgun and rifle casings and a couple buried aluminum cans. Oh well, this was not my first skunk. As I was walking back to my rig through a wooded area I tripped on something...I looked down and saw it was bare copper wire. I spent the next hour pulling copper wire from the overgrowth. I ended up with several bundles that weigh a total of about 15 lb.

I was glad my outing was not a total loss b/c I should be able to sell the copper for $2/lb = $30...I think I'll convert the cash to 1.5 oz of silver this week! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Good plan converting that to some silv!!! I plan on doing the same with all the clad I find this year.

OP
OP
bertmaster2000

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Good plan converting that to some silv!!! I plan on doing the same with all the clad I find this year.

Ha, I sold the copper and I had more than I thought...Over $40 worth so I added 2 ounces of silver to my stash :icon_thumleft:

Gotta love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread