Metal detector protective case complete!

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted a case that would protect my detector on trips or just anytime and to not have to take it apart. This is what I came up with. How's it look?

ForumRunner_20140427_233002.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, very professional looking!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent work. A removable bridge or a couple pylons could be added. The control unit to shaft being a delicate connection the box won,t tolerate much torque.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one great case, but the price of that Plano is $114 from Wally World. Toooooo much for a case!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice idea and case...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
S

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great case, but the price of that Plano is $114 from Wally World. Toooooo much for a case!

Yes it was a bit expensive but it was one of the only cases that was big enough to fit everything and be strong enough for travel. I also plasti dipped the foam which will make for easy clean up and lengthen the life of the foam!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, how did you cut the foam so clean and neat? Also how did you plasti dip the foam? Do you paint it on with a brush? I am gonna have to keep my eyes open for a deal on a good used gun case. I can't stop thinking about your cool and well done case!

OP
OP
S

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off thank you! I searched a long time trying to find the right case that was sturdy enough and had the right dimensions. I laid everything out how I wanted it, traced out everything, and some people say to use a electric filet but I just used my filet knife and used it like a jig saw and taking my time. Tracing and cutting all took maybe an hour. I read about people using the spray can style Plasti-dip to reenforce their foam so it won't break apart. I bought two cans at something like 5 bucks a can can applied about four coats of it. It soaks into the foam and made it stronger. I hope that helps. I could have went with a smaller case , which would be a lot cheaper if I was willing to take apart my detector. I wanted to keep it all together to open it up and go.

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I realize this is a old thread but How well has your case held up.? I looked at Academy today at that case an Plano 108361 36" long case both were 69.00.

Sent you a PM hope you got it

Buddy_TX

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! I'm lazy i guess but bought an old blue hard sided Samsonite suit case and cut some egg crate foam to line it. I keep a couple Tesoro's with the poles separated in it and extra coils. The little zippered bags on each side are good for batteries and such.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been doing this for mine too! If you want to make another, check out Big 5 Sporting Goods, they have one very similar for $29.95. I had a Sovereign meter three coils & extra batteries in it comfortably. Just a hint, slap a detector sticker on the side of it & keep a copy of the manual inside! Got pulled over one evening and the officer got real nervous. Pulled me out put me in his unit. When he opened it and started flipping through the manual you could feel the tension go from 110% to 2% in a heartbeat. These days you might get shot for possession of one of those "mine detector thingies".

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post, but I still hope you are around. I tried to look up this model number online and couldn't find it. I found a case similar. I was wondering if you could tell me the inside dimensions of this case? Exactly what I was looking for. Very nice work!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep gonna get me one

OP
OP
S

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill get you the dimension, or i could sell mine. Sold the detector already

udem1234

Jun 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the idea very nice... So I did the same using a Nanuk 990 case.

IMG_20190628_011131.jpg

IMG_20190628_011723.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions