Sometimes you need a little less gun... Compadre gold.

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend was my annual birthday campout where I drag as many as will let me out on a campout. This year was the biggest yet at 21 people, at beautiful Lake Cachuma 15 miles away from Solvang California.

On a whim, with the little remaining space in the SUV I packed my Compadre and my "Go-Bag" which is just my minimum detecting gear. Had I had more space, I would have taken a larger detector.

Right by our camp was a tot lot. So after getting skunked at fishing at the lake I decided to try my luck at the dirt fishing.

B1C5C372-5912-4551-AE18-5E0BB7637D00.jpg
It's a small 10k ID chain. Not sure if it's solid but it has decent heft.

Happy Birthday to me!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find! It's a pretty good campground and lake. I've "fished" it many times.

OP
OP
Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find! It's a pretty good campground and lake. I've "fished" it many times.

I only hit up one of the playgrounds (by the yurts), but it felt like pretty un-fished grounds. I pulled alot of clad out of there.

I should have just spent my time detecting then going after the trout!

simbad42

Nov 10, 2013
Santa Barbara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the way to play the game up there is bait fish for the trout and detect around while you fish.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the way to play the game up there is bait fish for the trout and detect around while you fish.:thumbsup:

You're right about that! The water line is about thirty feet below what it was last year too!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the low rainfall lately has all the lakes down. You'll find plenty of lead sinkers when it's like that. It's been a few years since I've been up there detecting. Looks like I'll have to remedy that! Lots of history there with the Butterfield stage route running through that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread