Any Good Places to Metal Detect In Central PA

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like any place, you have to go where the stuff you are looking for was dropped.. What is it you want to look for? Lost jewelry? Old coins? relics? I live in Philadelphia and have not found any place "Good" to hunt yet, still exploring the local parks and learning my machine.. You own property would be your best starting point. I keep finding things in my own lawn.. even on the 5 and 6th time over the same area..

OP
OP
hersheyblitz55

hersheyblitz55

Greenie
May 1, 2014
Hershey/Hummelstown
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like any place, you have to go where the stuff you are looking for was dropped.. What is it you want to look for? Lost jewelry? Old coins? relics? I live in Philadelphia and have not found any place "Good" to hunt yet, still exploring the local parks and learning my machine.. You own property would be your best starting point. I keep finding things in my own lawn.. even on the 5 and 6th time over the same area..

I've been looking for mostly relics and coins. I found so relics today but not many coins. I've been wanting to look around Gettysburg but I know they don't allow it

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Research-----Just above Harrisburg is an abandoned town called Goldmine. Near Indian Echo Caverns is another area. The Ski Roundtop area has coins. Many parks and carnival areas too. Good Luck.

OP
OP
hersheyblitz55

hersheyblitz55

Greenie
May 1, 2014
Hershey/Hummelstown
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Research-----Just above Harrisburg is an abandoned town called Goldmine. Near Indian Echo Caverns is another area. The Ski Roundtop area has coins. Many parks and carnival areas too. Good Luck.

I actually live 2 seconds away from Indian echo! But I will have to try those places. Where up at ski round top is good? And do you know any good civil war sites?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread